Should Final Cut Pro 4 work with Rendezvous?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GeneR, Feb 14, 2003.

1. GeneR macrumors 6502a

Jan 2, 2003
    The land of delusions, CA.
    I was reading an article lately (I forgot where) about Rendezvous and I was thinking (which, again, I must reinterate, may not be such a good idea) that perhaps if FCP4 comes out they could make it work with Rendezvous so someone could be at their desktop or powerbook working on a rough cut of their film, communicate their EDIT DECISION LIST to a rack of servers which would go about breaking down the amount of rendering work that needed to be done, and finally, to communicate back to the main editing desktop/powerbook of its eventual completion with instructions to firewire the new rendered version back to the desktop/powerbook.

Once, again, it's probably just another dumb idea. But I figured I'd share and grow from the experience. Thanks!

2. rice_web macrumors 6502a

Oct 25, 2001
    Minot, North Dakota
    Actually, I think it's a great idea.

It's just another example of how Rendezvous will, in time, be the best part of owning a Mac. The integration in iMovie 3 to iTunes and iPhoto (while not even Rendezvous and still limited) is just an example of how integration can help immensely.