Should I??? (30gb iPod vs. psp)

Discussion in 'Games' started by thechris69, Dec 13, 2005.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

Nov 11, 2005
    Sell my ipod video 30gb black on ebay, and with the money get a sony psp gigapack???
    ipod, plays music and video and photo. but has 30gb of memory
    psp, plays music, video, umd,photos, games, wirless internet browser and online play. the psp has more features and is less expensive, i want your opinions on this
  2. satans_banjo macrumors regular

Sep 12, 2005
    SE London
    i've been making the decision on whether to buy an ipod or a PSP and i see it this way - yes, the PSP is less expensive when you buy it, but then you have to buy games (£30-40 a pop) and if you want to store a reasonable amount of music or videos (but only up to 2GB) you have to buy a memory stick (£60 or so for 2GB). So for one game and 2gb of space it's £100 extra. more expensive than the ipod. if you're interested in videos, you need a large storage. 30-60GB is ideal. 2GB isn't.

well that's my recommendation - don't do it
  3. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2005
    No. Stick with the iPod until the price of the PSP/games goes down. A lot.
  4. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU

its cheaper, probably smaller and has more battery life. and has better street cred, if you're into that.
  5. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    Depends on what you want.

I have an iPod and a PSP and they couldn't be more different. MP3 on the PSP isn't as good - well, honestly, its horrible - as the iPod. But video on the PSP is awesome, and the games are incredible.

If you really want a PSP, maybe you can sell your iPod and get a cheap 4th gen and a PSP...
  6. AJ Muni macrumors 65816

AJ Muni

Aug 4, 2005
    who says u have to buy psp games?? cough cough...ive played about 10-12 psp games without buying one...just make sure u have a 1 or 2 gb memory stick...and have a good torrent site...cough cough

p.s. games run smoother/faster off your memory stick, then they do off the umd
  7. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Mar 22, 2004
    Bahaha. 'Street cred'.

I say, stick with the iPod. Then again, I've purchased nineteen defective PSPs.
  8. desenso macrumors 6502a

May 25, 2005
    I wrestled with this decision all day today. Then I saw the 30gb black ipod video, and I fell in love all over again.

Needless to say, my decision was an easy one.
  9. Sol macrumors 68000

Jan 14, 2003
    Do it!

Please sell your 30 GB iPod and buy a PSP with the money so that we can laugh at you when you start posting questions about getting rid of dead pixels.
  10. wwooden macrumors 68000

Jul 26, 2004
    Burlington, VT
    I would stick wit the iPod, is it going to get more use. My PSP rarely leaves my house, I usually just play it before I go to bed, it is more of an expensive toy to mess around with. My iPod goes every where with me; to class, in the car, the gym. You WILL get much more use out of your iPod then teh PSP.
  11. iDONTdoWINDOWS macrumors member

Aug 2, 2005
    Riverton, Utah
    I was having this dilemma as well. 60gb ipod video vs. PSP. I went with the ipod.
  12. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

Dec 29, 2003
  13. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2005
    I just seriously love my 30gig. I dont know how I could have kept my 3 or 4G pod after playing with this.

Its just so......SMALL! :D
  14. thechris69 thread starter macrumors 6502

Nov 11, 2005
    LOL, i just got my psp today, sorry guys but i had to do it, can you give me more info on this bittorent stuff? im sure its mac compatible, but how do i do it, send me a link, please
  15. steelphantom macrumors 6502a

Oct 15, 2005
    I would say keep the iPod. I own a PSP, and I love it, but I don't use it very often. My PSP is firmware version 1.5, which can play homebrew games; I use it for SNES, NES, Genesis, and Game Boy emulation. Any new PSP you would buy now would have the new firmware version, and you would not have the capabilities to run homebrew software on it. I haven't bought a "real" game for my PSP yet. To be honest, the current crop of PSP games is somewhat lackluster, to say the least.