Should I buy a 12" or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dpgiffin, Sep 3, 2003.

  1. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2003
    #1
    I'm planning on buying a 12" powerbook. I've got it all built and saved on apple.com, but i'm not sure if I should wait or not for Macworld Paris, as I'm not sure if there are much plans for an updated version?

    Any insight would be wonderful. Thank you.



    PS. I would need it by the end of september, so if there is no chance an updated one would be out by then, please say so. Thanks again.
     
  2. macrumors G3

    jelloshotsrule

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2002
    Location:
    serendipity
    #2
    there is certainly some chance on updates by then

    how long is the wait for the current model?

    basically, if it's a short wait, i'd wait as long as you can, or at least til after paris...
     
  3. macrumors 601

    Chaszmyr

    Joined:
    Aug 9, 2002
  4. thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2003
    #4
    That's all I needed to hear. Thank you.
     
  5. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 18, 2003
    Location:
    D.C. Metro
    #5
    Just pick a date, stick with it and go for it when it comes. Otherwise you'll end up second guessing yourself into obsolescence. We started looking at Macs about four weeks ago, I found all these useful rumor sites and decided to wait a bit...just to see... then nothing happend but more speculation. That's when we decided to wait one more week and if there was nothing concrete to go pick one up at the apple store. We bought a 12" PB two weeks ago and haven't looked back.
     
  6. macrumors G3

    jelloshotsrule

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2002
    Location:
    serendipity
    #6
    that's because they haven't been updated yet! ;)

    but you make a valid point, as does cr2sh in the 17" powerbook thread...

    only problem comes when the updates come. but the fact is, you'll get over it.
     

Share This Page