Should I buy a 20" iMac or wait for a speed bump?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macgeek2005, Mar 8, 2006.

  1. macgeek2005 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2006
    #1
    When is a iMac speed bump expected? I'm thinking of getting an imac soon, but considering the possibility of waiting for a speed bump. I don't need it urgently, but if it would be along wait, I would probably get the current one.

    Thanks
     
  2. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

    Heb1228

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2004
    Location:
    Virginia Beach, VA
    #2
    Ahh the ever present question when buying a new computer... These last ones were just released so it will probably be a while before speed bumps. But you can't always worry about that. If you need it, buy it.
     
  3. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

    shrimpdesign

    Joined:
    Dec 9, 2005
    #3
    I'd say get one.

    They were just released, I bet Apple is busy converting the rest of their computers to Intel rather than working on a just released product. Plus you can always get a faster Core Duo when they come out since they all use the same socket.
     

Share This Page