Should I buy a case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Liam8, May 4, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

Liam8

I am seriously considering buying an iPad, but I want to know how useful Apple Case is. Is it better for typing on and if so does that make it worth the money. Keep in mind I love the look of Apple products and hate cases, but if it is good then I will get one.

Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502

I usually feel the same way, I got the apple case so I can put it on when I travel and use it naked at home. I thought I wouldn't like the texture of the apple case. But now using it I love it, and rarely take it out of it's case.

3. M87
    macrumors 65816

I'm thinking about ordering the app,e case myself. Mostly for the stand functionality.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

Liam8

I hear people saying they feel cheap when using. Is this true, or are they well made?

5. macrumors 6502a

A book style case is definitely worth while, particularly one that allows you to prop up your iPad at an angle for viewing or typing.

All are slightly different and seem to have pluses and minuses. I bought a Crazy digital one from Amazon for $20 until a bunch are released and are reviewed or are at least readily available to look at.

I expect it will be like most cases - I'll have to try a few before I settle on one.

6. macrumors 6502a

Definitely get a case, otherwise the back will probably get scratched up.

I put the Apple Case on one of my iPads and the Belkin Grip Vue on the other. The Belkin one looks and feels nicer, but the Apple one offers the nice angles (e.g. for typing/pinball or for using as a photo frame/standing it up to watch a movie).

7. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I know it's a time honored tradition that MR members can't make a simple decision but this is just crazy. There are 4 threads on the Apple Case alone. I say don't get one, drop that slippery sucker and break the glass then come back so we can have a fun thread.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502

Liam8

Did you buy them off the Apple Store? Wanna post a link?

Keh

Thanks for the help, glad you MR people are so useful.

9. macrumors 6502a

Yep the cases are from the local Apple store. Plenty of pictures of both of them in the iPad Accessories subforum here.

10. macrumors 6502a

edlex

I have the apple case and find that it is a very good introductory case while I look for something I like in leather. I'm waiting a bit for the competition to get heated seeing as everyone seems to have a case in the works. But I could never see myself handling the ipad without one.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502

Liam8

Is the Apple Case good quality? Or is it cheap?

12. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Will this be a poll too?

13. thread starter macrumors 6502

Liam8

Do you have a useful answer?

14. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Get a murcase. It's a man bag that is a purse and a case all in one.

15. thread starter macrumors 6502

Liam8

It's called a satchel ;)

16. macrumors 6502a

edlex

Well good quality is in the eye of the beholder. IMHO it's not worth $40 but I wanted something right away and I figured it would have the best fit since apple was the only one who really had an ipad. I really like it though but can't speak to how much abuse it will stand up to.

17. macrumors 601

HiRez

I wish they had left the Apple logo off it but I don't think it's cheap at all, in fact it looks and feels rather expensive to me. Really well designed case, perhaps a bit overpriced but well worth it for the functionality and protection. I've seen a number of other cases (in person), but I wouldn't trade any of them for the Apple case. Best thing about it is it retains the sleek feel of the device itself.