should I buy a G5 already?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by everythingdmb, Oct 27, 2003.

  1. everythingdmb macrumors newbie

    Oct 27, 2003
    I might be getting a nice promotion and payraise at work and I'm considering either buying a new powermac G5 (1.6 GHz) or a used powermac G4 (1 GHz, mirrored door) from

    So I have two questions, should I buy a G5 already since they JUST came out or should I wait on them for awhile till a better model comes out (does it matter?)

    And also, has anyone had experience trading and buying used macs from I want to trade in my Indigo 500 MHz iMac and, if not a G5, then that used G4.

    What are everybodies opinions and suggestions? I've never bought a computer before and I'm very unsure about everything.
  2. madru macrumors member

    Jun 11, 2003
    If you wait til next update to powermac series, the low end model will be faster and might even be less expensive. However, that is ATLEAST another couple of months. If you need something get the G5. Have you considered getting G5 1.8GHz model?

Share This Page