Should i buy a Macbook Now or Later?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thatguyjames, Mar 17, 2007.

  1. thatguyjames macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2007
    #1
    I was thinking of buying a mac soon. But I'm really troubled. Should I buy a Mac now and Buy ilife 07 and Mac OS X Leopard later, or should I wait until it is included with the mac? :confused:
     
  2. juanster macrumors 68020

    juanster

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Location:
    toronto
    #3
    if u can wait , wait for a couple of months,(i am waiting until mid june) by then you should be able to get leopard iLife 07 and most likely the new macbook upgrade (santa rosa) if you cannot wait and need it now then buy now..
     
  3. thatguyjames thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2007
  4. juanster macrumors 68020

    juanster

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Location:
    toronto
  5. mrkramer macrumors 603

    mrkramer

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2006
    Location:
    Somewhere
    #6
    That is probably a good choice right now, as long as you don't mind using your current computer for a little bit longer.
     
  6. leekohler macrumors G5

    leekohler

    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2004
    Location:
    Chicago, Illinois
    #7
    Absolutely wait! The updates should be really great.
     
  7. Father Jack macrumors 68020

    Father Jack

    Joined:
    Jan 1, 2007
    Location:
    Ireland
    #8
    I would advise waiting, it can't be too long now !!!:cool:

    FJ
     
  8. macfriend1 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2007
    Location:
    Stockholm
  9. drake macrumors 6502a

    drake

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2005
  10. cwedl macrumors 65816

    cwedl

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2003
    #11
    I would wait, seriously! Leopard coming out soon, ilife 07, and Macbooks are due for an update.
     
  11. macfriend1 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2007
    Location:
    Stockholm
    #12
    yeah! so wait until June, I assume. right?
     
  12. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

    ~Shard~

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2003
    Location:
    1123.6536.5321
    #13
    It's been almost 6 months I believe since the last MacBook update, so I would wait. As well, wait for iLife 07 and Leopard to be included - that will save you some money. Of course, if you need it right away, buy it, but if you can afford to wait for a couple more months I would recommend it.
     
  13. juanster macrumors 68020

    juanster

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Location:
    toronto
    #14

    IMO ........WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT oh and hmmm WAIT....
     
  14. djpl macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2007
    #15
    Man it's so funny... right now there are literaly 3 threads with the same question in the list on the macrumors homepage.

    "Should I buy MacBook now?"

    "Wrong to buy MacBook now?"

    "Sense to buy MacBook now?"

    Does no one ever search before posting and aren't you guys sick of answering this over and over again? Hah hah...
     
  15. juanster macrumors 68020

    juanster

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2007
    Location:
    toronto
    #16


    lol very true,,, know whats funny? i am in all three of them saying the exact same thing over and over again...guess it bothers some people,, to me it just makes me feel like at least im not the only one sitting here,,,,satring at the screen ,, waiting for SR to come out....
     
  16. macfriend1 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2007
    Location:
    Stockholm
    #17
    heyheyhey, calm down!

    "Sense to buy MacBook now?" is mine! I was the first asking this question... :cool: :D :p :) :apple:
     
  17. djkny macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2003
    #18
    No guarantee that MB's and MBP's will be updated in June. Leopard and iLife will arrive in late-April; June's probably reserved for iPhone stuff.

    As not to detract from that hype, Apple won't release significant updates until Sept. in Paris, just in time for 'back to school.' That's a long wait, if you ask me.
     
  18. Naimfan macrumors 68040

    Naimfan

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2003
    #19
    Well, if you need it now, buy it now. If you don't, and you don't mind waiting, they are likely to be updated.....someday.

    Bob
     
  19. mackinoe macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2007
    #20
    Personally I've decided to get my macbook now, But if you can wait then that is your best bet. Personally i'm not a big fan of waiting around for what might be, I never like waiting for release dates because they are so unpredictible. Sure there are rumours suggesting end of march/April but nothing is set in stone and its easy for march april to suddenly become May/June.
     
  20. drake macrumors 6502a

    drake

    Joined:
    Jul 5, 2005
    #21
    On second thought, toss a coin, then buy it later when the new stuff comes out.
     
  21. Helianthus macrumors member

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2007
    #22
    A few weeks back, before I got my macbook, I pondered waiting as well. I ended up deciding against it because it seems the general consencus is that the earliest update would maybe be sometime in June which is quite a long time from now.

    I personally needed mine for May, so I opted to buy it immediately just to ensure that I would be able to learn the OS and acquire any programs that I may need for school and leisure. If you want it/need it now then I strongly suggest you get it now. I went with a refurb model and saved myself 200 bucks. Macs seem to hold their value pretty well, so when the new Santa Rosa platform comes out, I may sell my current macbook on ebay and just purchase a new one if the differences are so revolutionary.

    A lot of people on the board make it sound like the current model is going to be a piece of junk in 3 months when the new macbooks MAY be released, which is just ridiculous. A 2.0ghz C2D Macbook is still going to be a solid computer when the new platform comes out. If you buy now, you get to enjoy your new laptop for the next 3+ months, bug free, while everyone else waits for the latest and greatest.
     
  22. Nitromaster macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Ireland.
    #23
    I say buy later,
    either you have the choice of a 4 month old laptop now or a brand new one later?

    Plus of course prices will go down, leopard and ilife included .


    im waiting until the revision,
    If you really need a macbook buy a cheap 2nd hand or refurb core duo and sell it on .
     
  23. netdog macrumors 603

    netdog

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2006
    Location:
    London
    #24
    Very true.
     
  24. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

    Veritas&Equitas

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2005
    Location:
    Twin Cities, MN
    #25
    Oh god, that's great. Made my day. Not kidding.
     

Share This Page