Should i buy a macbook pro now or wait?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by purplekush604, Sep 19, 2011.

  1. macrumors member

    Sep 19, 2011
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Was thinking of buying a macbook pro with and i5 processor. Just wondering if i should wait, as apple is holding a press confrence in october for new iphone, hoping something new will
    Be out?

    Thanks in advance
  2. macrumors 6502

    Sep 30, 2007
    Lomita, CA
    If you need one now, get one. Otherwise I wouldn't be expecting a new Macbook Pro this year.
  3. macrumors regular

    Apr 25, 2011
    If you want the best performance MBP..

    If you want the slickest MBP..

    Wait until the last year of your life when you think you'll die and buy an MBP.

    You'll never get to see the next one, so you'll have THE MOST AWESOME MBP EVER CREATED IN THE UNIVERSE!

  4. macrumors 65816


    Apr 30, 2011
  5. macrumors newbie

    Sep 20, 2011
    Melbourne, AU
    get one if you really need it now. i thought the buyer's guide explained it quite enough :)
  6. thread starter macrumors member

    Sep 19, 2011
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Sorry i never checked the buyers guide. I need a laptop before end of november i just thought maybe they might be releasing something new with iphone 4
  7. macrumors 68030

    May 13, 2010
    My recommendation is wait.

    I disagree with others about MBP is not getting upgrade anytime soon. If you don't need it, I would wait for few months. MBP will be updated sooner than later.

    Last update was February. It has been over 7 months. Apple usually updates MBP every 8-10 months. There is a strong chance that MBP will be updated by end of October.

    Expect faster CPU
    Better GPU

    These are minor updates, but current models will also see the price drop.
  8. macrumors 6502


    Jan 22, 2006
  9. macrumors 6502

    Sep 4, 2011
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    I'm waiting for the pretty new body (and Ivy Bridge), I recommend you do, too :D
  10. macrumors member

    Aug 17, 2007
    There are strong rumors that there will be a slight bump in CPU this week. I am waiting till friday, if nothing happens then i am getting mine. Maybe you should do the same. Ivy bridge will not be out until late 1h next year so you would wait 8 months for that.
  11. macrumors 68030


    Mar 22, 2011
    Tokyo, Japan
    Get it now if you need it.

    Wait if you can wait till next year April-ish.
  12. macrumors 68040


    May 8, 2011
    Los Angeles
    you said before by the end of November? Buy it NOW!!! Why wait? Forget about April refresh!
  13. macrumors newbie

    Jul 16, 2008
    This is exactly what I am doing

    I think this is the best idea and at least for me, this is what I am doing. You still get two weeks of a retune policy so your safe. If something new comes out, return or call up apple for a better price or wherever you based from.
  14. macrumors newbie

    Jul 16, 2008
    14 change in price policy

    So in doing more research I found this little gem:

    Should Apple reduce its price on any shipped product within 14 calendar days of shipment, you may contact Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 to request a refund or credit of the difference between the price you were charged and the current selling price. To receive the refund or credit you must contact Apple within 14 calendar days of the price change.

    I am going to count 14 days out which should be now and order my laptop :)
  15. macrumors 6502a


    Jul 10, 2008
    Orlando, Florida
    When it comes to technology if you wait until the next upgrade or the next best thing you will never buy anything. The MacBook Pro or whatever laptop you buy this week may be obsolete next week or next month.

    If you listen to all the rumors as to when Apple will upgrade the MacBook, well you will probably never buy a MacBook because there is always the new one a few months away.

    If you need a computer now, then buy it now. When the new ones come out and you really feel you have to have whatever bells and whistles they aded sell what you have now and get the new one, but keep in mind that in a few more months another one with even better bells and whistles will be out, but wait theres more .....a few months after that there will be another then another and so on and so on and so on.

    The soundest advice with technology products is simply if you need it now, buy it now. If not, then wait a few months. It's really not that hard.

Share This Page