should i buy a pb?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by blueandyellow, Jul 14, 2005.

  1. blueandyellow macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2005
    #1
    hey all.....just having 2nd thoughts. i'm about to jump in the car and buy a 12" pb with superdrive, ipod, printer....all with edu discount. i can't take it anymore. but i'm concerned that there's going to be an update in 2 weeks. whatcha think?
     
  2. itgoesbuzz macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2005
    Location:
    royal oak, mi
    #2
    do it, updates prob wont be earth shattering anyway.
     
  3. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

    bodeh6

    Joined:
    May 18, 2005
    #3
    I am waiting patiently till September 12 as my cut off date because I want to get it right before my B-Day. Hopefully by then both books will be updated unless Apple pulls a iBook on the Powerbook.
     
  4. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2005
    #4
    If your going to use it this fall for school and you have a computer now, I would wait till the last day.

    But if you don't have a system now, buy it today and you will be happy, the next rev will not do anything todays can not.
     
  5. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2005
    #6
    mate your the only who can answer that question, remember 2 things though before spending any money
    1. Do i need that much computer or will something else do the job required
    2. Are you getting value for money?
     
  6. blueandyellow thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2005
    #7
    guys, big thanks for your help. i'm working on a piece of crap pc that crashes every 10 mins....no joke. i've been waiting for over a year for this thing......so i'm thinking what's another month. but i feel like i need something now so that i can get work done on it....and i also see what you're saying that any updates won't be earth-shattering.
     
  7. sw1tcher macrumors 65816

    sw1tcher

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2004
  8. dylomel macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 26, 2004
    #9
    PB

    buy it,,,,, though i hv been waiting for the G5 PB that probably will not exist ! :D
     
  9. gregorydanger macrumors member

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2004
    Location:
    Michigan
    #10
    If you need it, go for it.

    If there's any PowerBook updates soon.. like mentioned before, they won't be drastic -- Apple's probably waiting for the Intel switch to do anything crazy-like.

    What they're offering now are wonderful machines, albeit a little pricey considering their age (IMHO). Go for it.
     
  10. blueandyellow thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 14, 2005
    #11
    so i actually drove for 2 hours that night just to get to within 10 miles of the store at closing time......got stuck in 2 traffic jams. (i drove so far to try to save on sales tax.) i'm so bad with decisions.....especially my first new computer in 7 years. now i'm seeing it as a sign to just wait even more......i don't feel like driving up there again right now. i've been waiting for over a year.....what's another month or 2?

    also, i thought that a good friend bought a 12" pb last summer around august (and got the ipod through the cram and jam offer) RIGHT after they were updated. but i checked this site and it has no record of there being an update last august. but i could swear that there was a pb update last summer DURING the cram and jam offer.

    thanks again for your help.
     

Share This Page