Should I buy a...PowerBook G4...?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by marchcapital, Mar 11, 2006.

1. macrumors regular

marchcapital

Im going to be buying a another Mac pretty soon. The iBook G4 that i purchased went back because it was defective. Needless to say i didnt just have it replaced. I'd like to buy a 12" PowerBook because it seams to have a much more sturdy build then the iBook and obviously more options and power. Will there be a 12" MacBook Pro introduced anytime soon or and intel based PowerBook? What should I do?

2. macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

macbook pro = intel powerbook

we don't know if/when apple will release a 12" MBP. If you can wait until April 1, then wait. If you can't, you might have to wait for WWDC in august:eek: Or maybe a seperate media event:confused: we don't know here, and all we have is speculation.

IMO, you should wait until april 1. hopefully 12" or 13.3" MBPs, almost definitely new ibooks, and a high end one might be close to a low end MBP.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

marchcapital

ya thats probably a good idea to wait until april...i hope they come out with a 12" mbp instead of a 13" i like the small size.

4. macrumors 68030

BlizzardBomb

Wait. If it doesn't come out, snap up a refurb. But remember that the current iBooks have better graphical performance than the PB 12".

5. macrumors 6502

The 13" would be pretty much the same size as the current 12" as it would be widescreen instead of the current 'fullscreen' form factor. It would just be a little over an inch wider with about the same depth.