Should I buy a Powerbook now or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tmart, Aug 24, 2004.

1. tmart macrumors newbie

Aug 24, 2004
    Just like everyone, I dont want to buy a computer and have a new version come out a month or two later. Do you think a new revision could come out in Paris? Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. morkintosh macrumors regular

Nov 25, 2003
    I doubt there will be any major changes to the pb line in Paris; the iMac is getting it's makeover there.

My advice is go for it now: with computers there will always be something faster coming out right after you buy. If you wait for the next best thing then you'll always be waiting.
  3. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    I agree, if you need the computer now why wait. Chances are the PowerBook revision will come at MWSF. That way you will get to enjoy your Mac for at least 5 months.
  4. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2004
    Daddy said not to talk to strangers
    Dont wait, if you do you would not get the latest one for long. I just got a "17 PB and i can tell you even if another faster PB comes i have no intrest in getting it since this dose EVRYTHING i would need. I ran Warcraft 3 useing the 23" monitor and it works as good as other desktops, it also runs other games well. If you want a great laptop get the 17" and you would not need something else for 1-2 atleast.
  5. JFreak macrumors 68040

Jul 11, 2003
    Tampere, Finland
    i'd say now is a good time to buy a powerbook - those have historically seen revisions every 9 months...
  6. EGT macrumors 68000

Sep 4, 2003
    I'd get it now. The powerbooks sell well 2nd hands o if a new revised pb comes out in the next few months you'll still be able to ditch your "new" one quite easily.
  7. aswitcher macrumors 603

Oct 8, 2003
    Canberra OZ
    I feel pretty confident that G5 issues and the immaturity of dualcoreG4chips means that my machine will remain king of the Apple hill of laptops for 2004.