Should I Buy A Wii?

Discussion in 'Games' started by music.addict411, Feb 7, 2007.

1. music.addict411 macrumors member

music.addict411

I'll be honest, I'm 12. Probably a lot younger than most of you. I have $450 that I can spend or keep. I want to buy a Wii, but am not sure if I should or not.

Please give your opinion.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Have you used one? I don't like it but my brother loves it...I guess its a marmite console...

3. music.addict411 thread starter macrumors member

music.addict411

4. xaok31x macrumors newbie

i dont personally own a wii but i hgave played it before and i had a blast! it's not as sophisticated as xbox360 or even xbox, but if you're up for some active fun with friends, it's the system i'd recommend. plus it's only 250 so u can save some money and start saving for college :p

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I love it....one of the best systems EVER.

Plus the fact your have 450 would leave you with some cash to buy some games, extra controllers ect.

I'd say play it first(go check out the local gamestop/game store)

If you like it get(USD prices)

Wii-250
    Wii Play/with extra controller-50
    Nunchuck-20
    Zelda-50
    And maybe another game(Mario Party 8 when it comes out in less then a month! WOOT)

6. music.addict411 thread starter macrumors member

music.addict411

it's only 250 dollars but eventually I will want to get a second controller ($50)

And when they come out, I'll want Super Smash Bros. Brawl and maybe some other games.

so i'll be spending alot in the long run.

7. music.addict411 thread starter macrumors member

music.addict411

Wii Play - yeah that would be cheaper than buying a controller and game.

8. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

you might need the full 450 to buy a wii at this point as they are still sold out pretty much everywhere.

9. music.addict411 thread starter macrumors member

music.addict411

GameStop says they will have over 5 in stock over the next 2 weeks.

10. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

That how it normally ends up...I've spent enough tons on my Wii.

Wii-250
    Excite Trucks-50
    Red Steel-50
    COD3-50
    Elebits-50
    Zelda-50
    Madden '07-50

3 Extra Wii Remotes w/ 3 Extra Wii Remotes (180 total) plus 101 on Virtual Console and 1 Classic Controller. Total thats 903 with tax..wow that more then I thought it was :D

I also plan to pick up Wii Play, WarioWare, Sonic(I know i'm a terrible person!) Mario Party and maybe Prince of Persia when the come out this month(Mario Party is the 5th of next month but its close)

Plus I want a xBox 360 but I just can't see that happening when I need to buy these games, DS games and the iPhone

11. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

I just got gamefly and have been playing trauma center and elebits. I bought zelda with the wii itself.

12. music.addict411 thread starter macrumors member

music.addict411

I already own a DS with Nintendogs, Mario Kart DS, Brain Age and Sims 2.

and than theres the 64. I'm wondering how much I can get with just the console. (I also have games and 3 controllers)

13. KershMan macrumors 6502

We bought a Wii for our kids for Christmas. There ages are 5, 7, 12, and 13 and they all love it. We have Zelda, Monkey Balls, Elebits, Excite Truck, Tony Hawk, Rayman, Rapella, and a number of VC downloads. These guys like it so much they are proactive in doing their chores to earn playing time.

You will really like it. It is an incredibly fun system. We had a snow day today and they played on it all day. It's a great system to have friends over for as well. Buy extra remotes and nun chucks.

14. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

My 12 year old son has been playing games since he was 6 (well, 5 9/10ths) and has played PSONEs, PS2s, 64s, Gamecubes and Xboxs and claims that the Wii is by far the best of the bunch. His 10yr old brother and 7 year old sister agree. I think you will really enjoy a Wii for at least the next 5 years.

15. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Did you buy your Wii yet music.addict411? :)

-- -- --
    xaok31x, stating a Wii isn't as sophisticated as a XBox, is kind of like saying a modern iBook isn't as sophistciated as a Powerbook Pismo. ;)

<]=)

16. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I say wait on it another 8 months. Game selection is low and there are still some kinks to work out on it. So far the Wii is a bust in my eyes, but thank goodness I still have all my gamecube games to play. Other opinions may vary.

17. tutubibi macrumors 6502a

tutubibi

Well, you are about the same age as my kids and they (and me) enjoy Wii (so much that thay don't even touch other consoles). Rayman Raving Rabbits is ultimate fun game, Zelda is excellent, Wii Sports is very good too.

Wii is great party machine, regardless of age :)

18. music.addict411 thread starter macrumors member

music.addict411

not yet

19. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The Wii is worth it just for Zelda. :)

The VC games are great also. Still a blast to play even when comapared to today's games.

Metroid 3 and several other top notch games will be out before or by summer. Online gaming will be available by 2cnd quarter, which I've heard is free just like the DS.

<]=)

20. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

If you don't have a gamecube then it's a must. Other than that, it depends on what you want to play cause the Wii doesn't offer much as of now. It's got Zelda which is awesome but that's about it for single player fun. I'd reccomend a DS since it's cheaper, and has a foundation of great games. But it's up to you.