Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
Yep... It is only a short wait and you never know what good deals and new things, etc might come up.

AstrosFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
davidnaquino said:
Should I wait untin sept. to buy my iMac?

A couple of other factors may sway your decision one way or the other.
First of all, if you need the computer now, I would buy it now. The iMac is one of the best values in the Apple line and you'll be very happy with its performance, regardless of what updates may or may not come down the pike.
Secondly, I'm not sure if you qualify for the educational discount or not - if so, the free iPod mini promotion ends Sep 24th.
However, if neither of these applies and you can afford to wait until the Paris Expo, there's no harm in waiting. Worst-case, you get the iMac in a month.

Good luck!

doucy2

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
wait for the expo
you never know what new and exciting this may be released
then you wont regret buying your imac early (even though you could never regret buying any mac because they are the best)

Jimmery

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2005
Canada
But isn't there time after the expo to purchase an iMac (hopefully updated) while still getting the free iPod (student promotion)? The free iPod deal ends Sept 24, but the expo ends earlier than that, doesn't it? :confused:

This has been my plan for a while now (since the ibook update was too weak, IMHO).

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Wait for September but not so much for iMac updates (unlikely IMO) but rather some other Mac update/debut that may take your fancy and suit your needs more. :)

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
I kinda doubt that the iMac G5 will be updated this September. So now is a good time to buy a new iMac G5. But, if you do not need a new Mac right now, then I would wait till after the expo (better to play it safe then to be sorry).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.