Should I buy an iMac now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by davidnaquino, Aug 28, 2005.

  1. davidnaquino macrumors newbie

    Aug 28, 2005
  2. iEdd macrumors 68000


    Aug 8, 2005
    Yep... It is only a short wait and you never know what good deals and new things, etc might come up.
  3. AstrosFan macrumors 6502


    Jul 26, 2005
    A couple of other factors may sway your decision one way or the other.
    First of all, if you need the computer now, I would buy it now. The iMac is one of the best values in the Apple line and you'll be very happy with its performance, regardless of what updates may or may not come down the pike.
    Secondly, I'm not sure if you qualify for the educational discount or not - if so, the free iPod mini promotion ends Sep 24th.
    However, if neither of these applies and you can afford to wait until the Paris Expo, there's no harm in waiting. Worst-case, you get the iMac in a month.

    Good luck!
  4. doucy2 macrumors 65816


    Jul 7, 2005
    wait for the expo
    you never know what new and exciting this may be released
    then you wont regret buying your imac early (even though you could never regret buying any mac because they are the best)
  5. Jimmery macrumors member

    Jul 25, 2005
    But isn't there time after the expo to purchase an iMac (hopefully updated) while still getting the free iPod (student promotion)? The free iPod deal ends Sept 24, but the expo ends earlier than that, doesn't it? :confused:

    This has been my plan for a while now (since the ibook update was too weak, IMHO).
  6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

    mad jew

    Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Wait for September but not so much for iMac updates (unlikely IMO) but rather some other Mac update/debut that may take your fancy and suit your needs more. :)
  7. dmw007 macrumors G4


    May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    I kinda doubt that the iMac G5 will be updated this September. So now is a good time to buy a new iMac G5. But, if you do not need a new Mac right now, then I would wait till after the expo (better to play it safe then to be sorry).

Share This Page