Should I buy Logic Pro now or wait for Logic X?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aluminum213, Feb 6, 2013.

  1. macrumors 68020

    Aluminum213

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2012
    #1
    I want to purchase Logic but I know if I buy Logic Pro now for $199 then when Logic X comes out I will likely have to buy that again at full price


    it's been a long time since it was updated and Logic X seems like something that would be coming out soon, especially since Final Cut X redesign has come out

    should I hold out for it?
     
  2. macrumors regular

    kemperman

    Joined:
    Jul 15, 2009
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    Well if you will use all of the features of the current Logic Pro then I would say buy it now. When Apple updated Final Cut Pro to FCPX LOTS of people complained about missing features, so it wouldn't surprise me if that happens with logic too.

    Bottom line if you need it now and can afford it buy it. But if you can wait till the new one is released (who knows when) then wait.
     
  3. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2012
    #3
    Is Logic Pro X going to be a different App Store product than the current Logic Pro?
     
  4. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    #4
    The version out right now is Logic Pro 9. So yes, Logic Pro 10 (X) will be different. Nobody knows when it will be released though, personally I would go ahead and get Logic Pro 9 now, especially since Apple slashed the price when it became available on the App Store.
     
  5. thread starter macrumors 68020

    Aluminum213

    Joined:
    Mar 16, 2012
    #5
    there were so many compatibility issues between Final Cut X and the previous versions, I'm afraid something similar may happen if Logic X is built from the ground up like FInal cut X was
     
  6. macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Feb 7, 2011
    #6
    All the more reason to buy Logic 9 now.
     

Share This Page