Should i buy the 15inch PB in the store or order it online?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by carpet, Feb 8, 2005.

1. carpet macrumors member

Jan 13, 2005
    There are a few things you can change on the pb when u order it. They have a 100 gig hd as opposed to the 80 gig hd in the apple store. They also have a 128 video card as opposed to the 64 in the 15 inch pb in the store. So im having trouble deciding if i should buy the one in the store and walk out with it or order one with the upgrades and wait. Sorry about the incomplete sentences. Im tired
  2. acedickson macrumors 6502a

Dec 6, 2004
    Some things to consider...

1. Do you need the upgrades?
    2. Do you want to spend the extra money for the upgrades?
    3. A BTO PB from Apple can't be returned like stock PB can...correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe I've read that in many threads.
    4. Do you want INSTANT gratification...hehe I'm so evil....

Think about it!
  3. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    yeah i was thinking about this too. i've decided to order online and get the upgrades. even though i'm not a "power" user i just like having the best thing out at the time - i think it lasts that little bit longer. the only real problem with ordering online is the shipping time :eek: 10-15+ days. i figure i've waited a year for my powerbook anyway, so whats another few weeks? ;)
  4. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2004
    Daddy said not to talk to strangers
    I would get the the one from the store and get myself an external HD as well. I can wait 10-15 days for shipping i rather have it faster.
  5. skp574 macrumors 6502

Jan 16, 2005
    From my experience (limited) I managed to buy an iMac already BTO from the Regent Street Apple Store. I was in and out in half an hour!

They already had 512MB/160GB/BT/WKB+M prebuilt, all they added was the APE card.

I have been waiting for 10 days for a BTO 15" PB that

If you want a stock PB and they have it in stock GET IT. You'll be waiting some time if you order it online.