Should I buy the iMac (isight) now, or wait for the next iMac (intel) upgrade?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by appletime, Jan 11, 2006.

  1. appletime macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 15, 2005
    #1
    Hi everyone, I have a bit of a dilemma. I have finally saved enough cash to buy an iMac (isight), but now the new iMac intels have just been released. My question is, should I continue and buy the iMac (isight model)? Or do you think it would be better to wait for the Rev. B of the intel iMac? From what I know it's not safe to buy the new iMacs because there are still issues to sort out with software and etc..

    Please advice.

    Many thanks.
     
  2. wPod macrumors 68000

    wPod

    Joined:
    Aug 19, 2003
    Location:
    Denver, CO
    #2
    i say go for the iMac intel rev A right now. no reason to buy old technology. and apple is always quick to fix any problems with rev A models. any software will be fixed as well as more and more programs are released in universal binary. it sounds like everything will work now, but it might not be up to its full potential, but probably similar to the potential of a G5 iMac. but if you dont want to buy the rev A for some reason, go ahead and wait till the rev B. i just think it would be pointless to buy any PowerPC based mac right now
     
  3. Flying Llama macrumors 6502a

    Flying Llama

    Joined:
    Aug 4, 2004
    Location:
    Los Angeles

Share This Page