Should I buy the new ipod at store or online?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by quagmire, Jul 18, 2004.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Since you can't exactly bto the ipod and you can get all accessories at the store. Should I get the ipod at the store or still order it online? Thanks

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....the only difference may be that if you buy online from some mail-order places you may avoid some sales taxes, but you may pay shipping as well...so it is really your pick....if you have a local retailer, why not give them the business....oh yeah!

3. xyian macrumors 6502

xyian

Only buy online if you need the engraving

I purchased my iPod at Best Buy and got the insurance on it. It's great! When my first pod gave out I just walked in and they handed me a whole new box as an exchange. No questions asked and it's a better deal at 4 years and 50 bucks than Apple's extended care plan.

4. zerosnipe macrumors member

zerosnipe

i bought mine off of apples site. free shipping and no tax and i got free engraving. but i live in the middle of no where so i realy didnt have much of a choice.

5. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

Thanks for all the advice. I will be buying it at the store. If one store is sold out I have 2 more to go to.