Should I buy this Ibook right this minute

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Caddy, Apr 3, 2003.

  1. Caddy macrumors member

    Mar 13, 2003
    Hello I have the opportunity to buy a brand new in box non refurb Ibook right now for 1250.00. 14 in combo, 800 mhz, 256, I want to buy it but DH keeps telling me to wait that next month the new ones will be out. I don't really want to wait. I just need it for word processing and light surfing, I don't need anything more powerful than that. At the same time I need to sell my dell 2650 inspiron. won't waiting make any reduction in costs obsolete since my Dell is going to depreciate a lot between now and then? How much drop in price am I looking at in ibooks anyway, is it enough to wait?
  2. Freg3000 macrumors 68000


    Sep 22, 2002
    New York
    That is a great deal for the 14" model. I'd take it-updates for the iBook are soon, but no one knows when. And when they do come, I don't expect many changes that will dramaticlally effect what you plan to do with your computer.
  3. howard macrumors 68020


    Nov 18, 2002
    man if you don't want to wait then don't!!!! espeically if you don't need the power. definitely just buy it now.
  4. starsaber13 macrumors member

    Feb 1, 2003
    Just wandering where are you getting this ibook at.If it,s an online store which is it.Sunds like a great deal to me.
  5. macphoria macrumors 6502a


    Nov 29, 2002

    iBook should be updated in April/May, following their 6 months update cycle. But this update could be introduction of whole new iBook.

    Then there is the issue of upcoming operating system "Panther." It is likely that newer hardware will better accomodate newer software, meaning updated iBook will handle "Panther" better than older machines.

    If iBooks are expected to merely upgrade their processors, it would not be worth it to wait. But, I think these updates are significant enough to warrant waiting little longer.

Share This Page