should i buy this ibook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by EK03, Mar 25, 2004.

1. EK03 macrumors member

My buddy is selling a rev. B G3 600 mhz ibook 14" dvd reader/cd burner with 256 of ram + airport built in for $250. I'd like to max out the ram if i would buy it, do you think its ideal? I just browse the net go on AIM and type etc.

also has apple care still

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Assuming it all works, I don't see how you could possibly go wrong with that deal. It'll run 10.3, it's got a CD burner, etc. Man, that is a GREAT price.

3. EK03 thread starter macrumors member

thats the benifit of being jewish, your natural instinct is to piss them off enough to get the lowest possible price! :D

4. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

That's an incredible price. I wouldn't sell it for under $600 myself... don't walk away from this deal, especially since you know the person selling it. I'd definitely put the money into maxing out the RAM, but otherwise that's a GREAT computer.

5. EK03 thread starter macrumors member

how much is a bigger hard drive for it? is it hard to replace?

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Dude, buy it then figure this stuff out before your friend offloads it to someone else.

7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

harddrive replacement is more for the extremly talented and patient from what I've read. If your that concerned buy an external drive and enjoy ... this machine is a good buy at that price

8. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

that's an amazing price. Take it, before someone else does.

9. javabear90 macrumors 6502a

javabear90

no... don't buy.. Thats a bad deal.....
    (walks over to his friends house with $250)

10. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

That, my friend, is possibly the world's GREATEST computer deal ever. GO FOR IT. If nothing else, you could resell it for at least $600US and put that towards a new one!

11. EK03 thread starter macrumors member

This actually is for my friend, im getting a new powerbook :). I just hope 600 mhz is fast enough but like you said, i could just buy it and sell it for extra money

12. EK03 thread starter macrumors member

woohoo, got it for $200. For 600 mhz man it is more then enough. On XP a 600mhz machine the memory would be eaten by the OS. I got his carrying bag, ac adapters aiport card and origional box plus software. thanks for the tips guys!