should i buy this monitor?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by furcalchick, Jan 15, 2007.

1. furcalchick macrumors 68020

Dec 19, 2006
    South Florida
    for a few months, i've been looking for a new monitor to serve as an upgrade for my pc monitor and a output for my macbook when i have those times i want a bigger picture (movies, games and tv perhaps). i'm looking to spend no more than 200 bucks on one though, so that means most of the brand names are out. i did find this one at office depot:

i'm considering buying it, but i have two questions before i do.

1. will 19" widescreen lcd's be dropping sigifcantly in price by summer's end?
    2. any major complaints about this brand?

2. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

Nov 2, 2006
    Are we there yet?
    I did some searching once the office depot page loaded. That looks like one sweet monitor, as I only saw one negative review on it (monitor went dead after about two months). I may go looking for one of these to replace mine, but I will be real curious about replacement/repair policies. Thanks for the pointer!
  3. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Looks like a good deal to me furcalchick. One of my friends at college has a 17" LCD from this manufacturer and has yet to have any problems with it. :)
  4. yojitani macrumors 68000

Apr 28, 2005
    An octopus's garden
    Just as another suggestion, the Dell E207WFP (cheap 20" widescreen) is available for $250 and I'm sure you could find a way to get $50 or close to it knocked off (check ebay for vouchers). Still, looks like you're on to a winner.