Should I buy

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by IDANNY, Nov 1, 2004.

1. IDANNY macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

I am looking at a 17-inch powerbook. It was on macrumors and the guy gave his ebay name. His name has been up since 1999 but he has no feedback. He says he bought the computer from someone else on macrumors. Another thing is he is a newbie. I emailed him and he sent me pics. Should I believe him or not. he is selling the computer 1,700 for for a 17 inch powerbook, and bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

2. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

As much as i like and respect a lot of people on this site i dont think you should spend that much on something your not sure of. I think your best bet is to look for one on ebay with a lot of feedback, after all your paying a lot of money.

3. IDANNY thread starter macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

I dont no if this makes a difference but he wants to do the transaction through paypal.

4. kevinuaa macrumors member

Paypal doesn't care if the guy is a nigerian general who will just hold your money for a while so he can send you even larger sums. my point is that using paypal will not ensure the quality or veracity of the transaction.

that's a lot of money for someone that doesn't have much feedback.

5. IDANNY thread starter macrumors 6502a

IDANNY

Thank You

I think that I agree with you two.
    Thanks for the help if anyone else has any ideas of how i can screen the guy or something to make sure he is for real please tell me.

I know this is of the subject but why does everyone always use nigeria as an example.

6. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I am not sure if this is what i am talking about but look at escrow service, i think this is where he sends you the PowerBook then if everything is in order then that service sends him the money.