Should I call the Police?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by cslewis, Mar 21, 2006.

1. cslewis macrumors 6502a

cslewis

There's a car driving backwards up and down my empty street, swerving back and forth. The idiot nearly hit a neighbor's car, and he/she has already knocked over the recycling out on people's curbs. I'm kind of freaked out... god forbid the guy hits my dad's car. Should I call someone?

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I would.
    That is dangerous and hazardous driving.

:eek:

3. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

4. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

get the plate number and the car description and yes, call. someone could get hurt.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Yes. Better chance of action than posting it here, surely...

6. Lau Guest

I thought this thread was going to be something like "Oh my god! My tooth has burst out of my mouth and is terrorising the neighbourhood! I should have gone to the dentist when I had the chance..."

<disappointed>

:p

7. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i *heart* you. i thought about the unruly tooth too upon reading the thread title.

8. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

Surely not?! Lol!

There's me thinking I AM the law! hehe

9. cslewis thread starter macrumors 6502a

cslewis

They're across the street. I opened the curtains to look out to get their number...

AND THEY GOT OUT OF THE CAR AND WALKED TOWARD MY HOUSE

I then threw on all the lights and locked the doors in record time. They laughed really loudly, then the three of them jogged back to their car and drove away, backwards.

10. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

Have I blinked and missed something wierd?

11. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

did you get the plate number though? what a bunch of dipshi...idiots.

i bet that took the focus off the painful tooth for a moment and made your heart go *thump thump* for a bit. :eek: :eek:

12. CoMpX macrumors 65816

CoMpX

Reaaly creepy. I hope you got the plate number, file a report.

13. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

go sprinkle some nails across your road and light some firecrackers and throw them out the window, they'll probably think you've got a shotgun LOL

14. cslewis thread starter macrumors 6502a

cslewis

I may just have to kill myself. I went outside this time to get it, and in their drunken/high stupor they screamed, "penislicker!". And even after all that effort, their car had no plates.

They also stole our tacky little garden gnome. :(

15. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i know in person this is probably very scary but in hindsight i promise you will laugh as hard as i am right now. man that is the funniest thing i've heard all week! (edesignuk's old avatar (attached) makes it even more priceless)

they're just bored and being obnoxious, i really wouldn't worry too much about it. it's all bravado from the sound of it.

Attached Files:

16. amacgenius macrumors 68000

amacgenius

Wether or not it's "ruckus" call the cops, get the plate number or at least tell the cops not to come with bubbles on and sirens blaring in chances they'll see these idiots.

That's not cool, it's really stupid.

17. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

try to take a picture (without flash so they can't see it) and call the police!!!!!

that's what the police is for, that's what we pay taxes for.

18. Sirin macrumors member

Sirin

I wouldn't call 911, but I would contact the police. This is suspusious(sp?) activity, and it should be reported. I'm sure some other person has called the cops already.

19. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

If they come back again I would run outside with a baseball bat and large knife and try to scare them away.

20. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Really? I personally would use a hammer and a pizza wheel.

21. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

Or a machete

22. muffinman macrumors 6502

muffinman

BURN THEM ALL BURN THEM.....just kidding.

yeah, do what Sirin said, just call the police and report it, instead of calling 911. If they try to intrude into your house again, you know what to do...wink wink;)

23. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

Just do it naked. And start dancing.

24. prostuff1 macrumors 65816

prostuff1

We had some people that were doing this up here at my house. They did it a couple nights in a row so the next day my dad and I called the police. They basically told us they could do nothing and we were not really allowed to "do anything" besides get the plate numbers. Well, my dad (being the stubborn dumb a$$ that he is) and I burried some boards with nails in the yard and sat out on the front porch in the dark. Sure enough a truck came buy at baout 2:30 int he morning and ran over the boards with there right side tires. Had no idea what hit them. They nearly hit the telephone poll that was near the end off the driveway. They ended up stopping and got out of the truck (there were two guys, kids from my school i think) and started to look at the tires. My dad then walked off the proch and shouted at them that if they did not leave quickly he was going to call the cops and that he already had there plates so whenever he felt like it he could call and report them. Well the kids must have been a little drunk cause they startedt o come towards our house and shouting. One started yelling something like, " What the F you think your doing!! I'm going to come over there and beat you old man." at this point i just could not hold it any longer and i just laughed out loud. The kids started to walk across the yard and my dad let off a shotgun blast. The kids stopped dead in there tracks and could not move. My dad hollered back and told them to go now before he changed his mind about calling the cops. They ended up leaving and and we never did call the cops. It was really funny watching them drive away on two flat tires and i am sure it ruined the truck.

My suggestion is to call the cops first and hope they dont give you the same answer they gave us. If the guys keep coming back go get a camera and try to get a pic. The reason we went to the extreams is because we live out in the middle of no where (nearest neighbors a mile away) and the cops pretty much refused to help.

25. virus1 macrumors 65816

virus1

wow some people are slow.

get with the second half of the thread, ppl!