Should I Cancel My iPod mini Order?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by LaMerVipere, Apr 13, 2004.

  1. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a


    Jan 19, 2004
    Given the current slew of iPod mini defect stories/reports, I am now thinking perhaps I should cancel my iPod mini order and just get a normal iPod?

    It's not going to ship for at least 5 weeks anyway, so I have some time, but I don't want to get one and then have it die within 34-40 days! :confused:
  2. Rincewind42 macrumors 6502a


    Mar 3, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Heck no! If your delays keep up, Apple will probably offer you a 15GB iPod at no extra cost ( And if not, then your iPod Mini will probably come sooner anyway.
  3. Elan0204 macrumors 65816


    Apr 16, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Agreed. If you wait you'll get the mini you wanted, or the opportunity to get the 15GB iPod for the same price. If you cancel you order for the mini you would probably go order a 15GB iPod anyway, right? Might as well wait for what you wanted, or save $50 on the free upgrade.
  4. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a


    Jul 18, 2002
    buffalo ny
    i ordered a green ipod mini for my gf last night... we talked about the wait and she is ok with it... by the time the darn thing ships hopefully apple will have straightened out the situation anyway... so theres hardly any reason to worry about it going defective in 30 days... even if apple offered me a 15gig regular ipod i would decline the offer... she wants an ipod mini... a green one... the size[storage] is enough for her and the size[physical] is the cute aac player she wants... let apple offer me a free ipod mini dock or something... that i would take in a second...
  5. gemio17 macrumors regular

    Nov 13, 2003
    I was actually thinking the same thing- should I cancel the's supposed to ship on thursday for my bf's b-day.....By the time I got the case and armband it ended up to be around 300 anyway- (after gov't disc). What an as* chapper this situation is. The mini's jack situation even made it onto what to do, what to do- I guess I could always not open it an just sell it on ebay to some dope for 300$ :) I hope it turns out okay. :confused:

Share This Page