should I get a mac mini?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ajumbaje, Aug 11, 2005.

1. ajumbaje macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

i am going to college in less than a week, i have a laptop(vaio fs660w)-not getting rid of- i have the money but im worried that if i get this, then i won't have enough money to be fully equipped in college.
    im looking at the education discount, the 1.42 ghz, 512RAM, built in airport, which will come to $579

-I have never had a mac before and since my deisred major is computer science and i want to get a job at apple when I get out of college(PLEASE DO NOT POST ON THAT, I DO KNOW IT IS HARD TO GET A JOB THERE) it is a good idea, problem is, money, i have the monitor, keyboard, and mouse-now that the mighty mouse is like a windows mouse but with the 360 degree click wheel-

so the answer is, should I go to my nearest apple store and get asap or wait

2. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

You expressed concern that you wouldn't be "fully equipped" in college if you bought the mini. What did you mean by this?

3. ajumbaje thread starter macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

not enough money to be able to do anything w/ friends come winter break at college, or flat out just running out of money during the first semester

4. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

In that case, don't buy the mini.

[/thread]

5. allisonv7 macrumors 6502

I'd definitely say wait. You have a computer, you really don't even know if you'll need another. Once you get there you'll be able to see what exactly you'll need and how much you're going to be spending on entertainment/food/etc. Give it a few months and then see where you are.

allison.