Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Muath

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Hello people..

I want to buy a new laptop soon, basically within a couple of weeks. The thing is, the fact that the new iMacs were released two weeks before I bought mine still hurts and so I am not looking for a repeat episode with the MacBook Pro.

Also, I really like the look of the MacBook, I know it's a stupid reason, but one of the reasons I switched to Apple in the first place was that they look so damn good, and after I saw the black MacBook, it was like only Apple can make a black laptop (pretty much the standard in the market) look so damn good.

However, with C2D only in Pros, I felt I should get a Pro. Even if MacBooks with C2D coming out before the holiday season (I am looking to buy in the next two weeks) the major issue is, I hear Leopard is coming out soon..

So what do you guys think?

kainjow

Moderator emeritus
Jun 15, 2000
They just released new updates, and the MBP will *always* be better than the MB in terms of processing power and GPU. Plus, reports are coming in saying the C2D MBP is 25% cooler.. so I say get it now, save up for Leopard when it comes.

mini.boss

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2006
One thing I've learned thats different in the PC market and Apple one is that if you buy Apple then buy early. The PC market updates itself often so the $1500 laptop you're looking at now will be 30% cheaper and have higher specs in 8 months so waiting pays off. But with Apple then the $1500 Mac you're looking at now will cost the exact same price throughout its entire life cycle so postponing your purchase has no benefit.

So in terms of MBP then buy now since it probably wont get an update for a few long months. But if considering a Macbook then youre at the end of the line for coreduo so it can be replaced at any moment.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.