Should I get a MacBook Pro now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Muath, Nov 2, 2006.

  1. Muath macrumors newbie

    Nov 2, 2006
    Hello people..

    I want to buy a new laptop soon, basically within a couple of weeks. The thing is, the fact that the new iMacs were released two weeks before I bought mine still hurts and so I am not looking for a repeat episode with the MacBook Pro.

    Also, I really like the look of the MacBook, I know it's a stupid reason, but one of the reasons I switched to Apple in the first place was that they look so damn good, and after I saw the black MacBook, it was like only Apple can make a black laptop (pretty much the standard in the market) look so damn good.

    However, with C2D only in Pros, I felt I should get a Pro. Even if MacBooks with C2D coming out before the holiday season (I am looking to buy in the next two weeks) the major issue is, I hear Leopard is coming out soon..

    So what do you guys think?
  2. kainjow Moderator emeritus


    Jun 15, 2000
    They just released new updates, and the MBP will *always* be better than the MB in terms of processing power and GPU. Plus, reports are coming in saying the C2D MBP is 25% cooler.. so I say get it now, save up for Leopard when it comes.
  3. mini.boss macrumors member

    Aug 8, 2006
    One thing I've learned thats different in the PC market and Apple one is that if you buy Apple then buy early. The PC market updates itself often so the $1500 laptop you're looking at now will be 30% cheaper and have higher specs in 8 months so waiting pays off. But with Apple then the $1500 Mac you're looking at now will cost the exact same price throughout its entire life cycle so postponing your purchase has no benefit.

    So in terms of MBP then buy now since it probably wont get an update for a few long months. But if considering a Macbook then youre at the end of the line for coreduo so it can be replaced at any moment.

Share This Page