Should I get a new iMac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by macrlz9, Oct 17, 2005.

  1. macrlz9 macrumors 6502

    macrlz9

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2003
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    #1
    ok, October 2nd I placed an order for a Rev B 20" 2Ghz iMac G5. As you are all aware, shortly after that the iMacs were updated. I called the place where I bought the machine and may be able to let me return it and buy the new iMac. Only thing is their prices have gone down $300 on the Rev B so i'd get 300 less than what i paid for it. That doesn't matter so much, i'm considering the graphics card, faster bus, faster processor, isight, front row etc. Also i'm not quite sure about the shipping arrangement yet. Basically i wanted to know everyone's opinion?
     
  2. wordmunger macrumors 603

    wordmunger

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2003
    Location:
    North Carolina
    #2
    Well, the iSight alone is worth about $150, right? So you're really asking if it's worth $150 for a new iMac. And what's a Mighty Mouse cost? $50? Now we're down to $100. I'd say all the other improvements you listed are easily worth that, so I say go for it!
     
  3. moot macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2004
    Location:
    in the great Asian wonderland
    #3
    Are you willing to spend another $300 plus shipping.

    Are the new features really that important to you? Wouldn't be for me, I think.
     
  4. wdlove macrumors P6

    wdlove

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2002
    #4
    I would certainly be very tempted. If you can afford the $300, I would say go ahead. Just consider it as something that you deserve. Will be anxious to hear what you decide.
     
  5. macrlz9 thread starter macrumors 6502

    macrlz9

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2003
    Location:
    Long Island, NY
    #5
    i'll be keeping it!

    Ok, well I just heard back from this company and they said it would be $300 price diff like i said because the price dropped. BUT there is also a $300 restocking fee. PLUS i would have to pay shipping back and for the new one out. NO WAY IS THIS WORTH IT! i think it's crazy that mac mall has a no return policy. I thought it was cool i worked out a deal to get it returned but i'll be paying for another one in itself just to return it. That's crazy. What I am going to do is sell my Mac mini, and my BF's Mac mini to put down on this iMac. We will both use this iMac until it's paid off. (couple months) then i'll buy a new computer and he will get the iMac. That is my decision :)
     
  6. Whistleway macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2005
  7. Danksi macrumors 68000

    Danksi

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2005
    Location:
    Nelson, BC. Canada
    #7
    Ouch!

    I would have kept the Rev.B in your situation anyway.

    It's one thing to be offered a refund or free-return for a Rev.C, but I don't think the extra's are worth another $300 on top of what you paid for the Rev.B, IMO. I would have happily kept my unopened Rev.B if it weren't for Apples free-return offer.
     

Share This Page