Should I get a PowerBook G4 now or wait?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by hvfsl, May 22, 2003.

  1. hvfsl macrumors 68000


    Jul 9, 2001
    London, UK
    I am thinking of getting a referbished 15in PB G4 1GHz SD for £1100. As a comparison it costs £2200 new at the Apple Store. But what I want to know are what are the chances of new PowerBooks coming out before July which should push the price of a referbished one down even more.
  2. patrick0brien macrumors 68040


    Oct 24, 2002
    The West Loop

    I'm a big advocate of 'never wait'. But in your context, I'd say that's probably a good idea. The new 15" are already ready to ship and are just waiting for the inventory of TiBooks to drain.

    Perhaps next week?
  3. kungfu macrumors regular

    Jan 21, 2002
  4. primalman macrumors 6502a

    Jul 23, 2002
    at the end of the hall
    hvfsl - Refurb prices don't generally fall on old models, unless they are really old. If you want it, buy it. The new AlBook 15 won't be a whole heck of a lot different than the current TiBook. You won't get a better deal than the one you listed, and when the refurbs are gone, they are gone for good.

    Patrick --- If no one buys the current TiBooks, and Apple is only waiting for inventories to dwindle to release the new model, it would take forever.

Share This Page