Should I Get Drunk on the Plane Tonight?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iGary, Oct 14, 2005.

1. iGary Guest

iGary

Seems about par with the discussion here as of late...... :D :eek:

Well, should I?

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Are you trying for another appearance on Airline?

3. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Not unless you fancy getting ultra-dehydrated... still, there's always plenty of water around. How many time zones are you crossing?

Don't make any drunken passes at the cabin crew, though. :)

4. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

No time zones, just down to Jacksonville, but I have a layover in Atlanta. I can get three glasses of wine down there, easy. :eek:

5. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    To continue that thought: If you are traveling alone and see a cute flight attendant, then by all means. If not alone, then no unless your partner a) is oblivious, b) doesn't mind sharing, or c) will get drunk and do it first.
    If the flight crew are dogs, then drink anyway because you just spent $300 and you aren't going to get to hit on anyone.

6. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

He's staying home. :D

7. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    Then why did you even have to ask? :)

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Asking that is like asking us if you should wipe your ass.
    of course you should!

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

funny story, i saw your episode igary this week and right after that their was another one on. And this guy was drunk before he got on the plane and they didn't allow him on the plane.... so either a) can you hold your alcohol b) drink on the plane. or just do the college trick and fill an empty poland spring bottle of water or in your case smartwater ;)
    i wouldn't because the flight isn't that long... i wish i was drunk when i went to australia, then i would have been sleeping almost the whole flight :p

10. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I did that when I flew to Japan once. 16 hour non-stop out of Dulles.

Two Xanax's and four sake's = 12 hours of sleep. :D

11. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

as long has you had fun, its all good ;) :p

12. iGary thread starter Guest

iGary

I must have snored or said weird things in my sleep. The lady next to me looked at me like I was nuts when I woke up.

13. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Gary, what a silly question, of course you bloody should !
    Kevin
    aka Grey Beard

14. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I would. Lucky you... I like planes, airports, and being buzzed. Sigh.

15. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...I generally don't like to drink too much when I fly....on an overseas flight I will have a couple glasses of wine with the meal, take half a pill and zonk out for most of the flight....if you drink too much you'll get dehydrated and depending on your personality potentially in trouble...oh yeah!

16. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Drinking at high altitude means getting drunker on far less alcohol. If it helps the monotony, go for it. I passes the time very well.

On a flight from Amsterdam to Hawaii I drank quite a lot with a Polish woman who was sitting next to me. We nearly missed our connecting flights (separate flights,) but had a great time along the way. Stumbled around the terminal for a while and eventually found our connecting flights.

There is a reason why I get back from vacation 2 or 3 days before I have to go back to work. It gives me time to sober up.

17. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

18. hookahco macrumors regular

if your flight is 4+ hours.. go ahead. i just got back from syria (from los angeles. it was 11 hours to amsterdam, 5 hours in schipol, and 5 1/2 hours to damascus..) i was tipsy before the plane even took off.. 11 gin and tonics, 4 scotch and cokes, 3 huge cups of cognac, and 4 cups of baileys (the cute french girl next to me liked baileys... and the stewardess was a pro drink mixer)..... and that was just from LAX to schipol.. i have to admit it was the best flight of my life. if its a short flight and you're alone you may regret it.. people tend to forget certain important things when their under the influence.

19. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Sure, go ahead! Maybe we will see you on the news! :)

Announcer: Tonight at 11:00, we will bring you the story of the crazed drunk on the flight to Jacksonville, and how the flight crew subdued him by putting an axe in is head. And now for a commercial. :D

20. fklehman macrumors regular

fklehman

1 drink at altitude = 2-3 drinks at sea level. Isn't a bottle of beer or cup of wine like $5 on the plane though? I say BYOB.

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

22. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Yeah, but they would end up teasing us at 11 for the news, then at 11:05, then at 11:15, and then at 11:25 - all for a 15 second update.

23. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I never liked drinking on a plane... always screws up my equilibrium.

24. doctor pangloss macrumors regular

Back in the wild old days I would drink 6 oz.. of jim beam on ice and go out fly a C-206 and perform a series of aileron rolls to test my ability to focus through the booze.
    Lately as a frequent flyer on EVA I get free booze in their lounges. I'll put away a half pint in less than an hour. On occasion a hostess will inquire if I'm drunk summoning all the focus I learned to muster flying an airplane ********d I say "of course not mam". Barely refraining from slurring my speech.
    Though such adventures require a few weeks off the booze from time to time allowing my liver a vacation.
    Anyone want to go flying? :D