Should I get iCurve + Apple Keyboard (bluetooth) now, or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by diehldun, Jul 28, 2005.

1. diehldun macrumors 6502a

Ever since I've gotten my enormous 17" PowerBook, I've been longing for an iCurve/bluetooth keyboard setup (I already have an Apple bluetooth mouse). But, I ALWAYS here people talking about "a new apple keyboard/mouse" next month rumor, so I've waited for more than a year.

What is the deal here, should I expect a new Apple keyboard soon? Or are they going to stick with the current white scheme? :confused:

I'm ready to get the iCurve, but it's the keyboard that's holding me back. i don't want to get a keyboard that'll look obsolete right after I buy it when a new one at the same $$$$ comes out. :eek:

Thanks!

2. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

I seriously doubt that Apple is going to realease a completely redesigned keyboard in the next few months. They have more things to worry about than this. Go ahead and purchase the keyboard. You will be much more satisfied than if you keep second guessing yourself about buying it...

3. AcousticDoc macrumors regular

I bought the bluetooth keyboard (I can't use it yet tho because my ibook hasn't shipped) and it's beautiful! A work of art. Even if Apple does release a new keybaord, the current mac keyboard will still look great, especially when you compare them to the PC keyboards.

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

get some rechargeable AAs - they're brilliant

5. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

While they are cool and awesome and all that jazz, I still prefer the Apple wired keyboard. I mean, it's not like I move the keyboard much, and with the wired one I get two more USB ports!

I do have the bluetooth mouse however. I love it! (even though it only has one button!)

6. ChrisBrightwell macrumors 68020

ChrisBrightwell

I say go ahead and get it. I have the BT keyboard, MX900 mouse, and iCurve. Perfection. :)

7. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

i say get it. it's a keyboard and mouse. it's not like the next update is going to add dual g5 processors and a coffee maker! lol

8. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

What would be cool is USB ports in the wireless keyboard! Can his be done (even if it were slower)?

9. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

I didn't know they don't have USB ports, well now to think about, they shouldn't (to much, way to much power consuming)

I think the latest ones are great. Buy it, woopdido if it gets updated, you still got a keyboard, right?

10. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

USB ports in a wireless keyboard would be very disapointing for the fact that one it would be slow because its using wireless to transmit and that is never as fast as wired and 2 it would kill the battery life of the keyboard

11. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

12. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

It's a very sexy, very curvy woman designed by Apple. Wearing white, of course.

13. wrxguy macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

I would like to know where i can get more info on this astranged woman of apples'

14. lfielder06 Guest

try google. an icurve would work wonders with your current set up and a bluetooth kb and mouse. :p

15. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

This is the idea:

[​IMG]

i might be picking one up soon for my iBook!

16. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

This is without a doubt the funniest thing I'll read all day!
    Thanks wrxguy :D