Should i get it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iMAC G5dreamer, Aug 17, 2005.

  1. iMAC G5dreamer macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    #1
    hey guys i just sold my iMac G5 rev A.I was planning to buy a rev B,but i really dont know what to do,my father says that i should wait because maybe apple will introduce new ones in september,what do you guys think i need the computer and i am exited to get one right know but i dont know what to do,also has anyone with a rev B of 20 " had problems with it?

    thanks a lot
    daniel
     
  2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

    mjstew33

    Joined:
    May 29, 2005
    Location:
    Illinois
    #2
    According to the buyer's guide, it's still going through it's neutral stage.

    the iMac G5 20" is the best bang for your buck, litterally, don't wait!! get it!

    There isn't much they can update the proccesors to w/o completly interfering with the PowerMac line.

    I say get it NOW! ORDER NOW! why wait?!

    Just my 2 cents :)
     
  3. XNine macrumors 68040

    XNine

    Joined:
    Apr 7, 2005
    Location:
    Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    #3
    If you keep waiting for revisions then you'll never get one. The new 20 inch Ultimate iMacs are pretty awesome. Hell, for the money get a loaded mini and a cinema display or another large flat screen and a couple external HD's and hubs for it.
     
  4. mjstew33 macrumors 601

    mjstew33

    Joined:
    May 29, 2005
    Location:
    Illinois
    #4
    The Rev A's had lots of problems but now the Rev B's pretty much ironed out those problems, I haven't heard really any complaints about the Rev B's...Rev A's is a different story ;)

    Another 2 cents! :p
     
  5. wdlove macrumors P6

    wdlove

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2002
    #5
    I would recommend purchasing now. No reason to wait. Don't expect an update for a while. You might as well enjoy the Rev. B. ;)
     
  6. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

    gwuMACaddict

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2003
    Location:
    washington dc
    #6
    i love my rev b. get one, you wont be dissapointed.
     
  7. devilot Moderator emeritus

    devilot

    Joined:
    May 1, 2005
    #7
    I whole heartedly agree... I love my 20" 2.0 GHz iMag G5!!! I am officially a geek. :eek:
     
  8. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

    fartheststar

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2003
    Location:
    Vancouver
    #8
    Why did you get rid of your Rev A before deciding whether to buy the Rev B?
     
  9. iMAC G5dreamer thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    #9
    hey guys thanks for the replies,i d it to get the rev B ,more power.(hehe)but after reading some rumors i really dont know whether to wait or not,but apparently now new iMacs for a while ,right?how long do you calculate till and update?7 months?

    thanks
    daniel
     
  10. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2005
    Location:
    PA
    #10
    Get it now. There are always gonna be upcoming updates, if everybody waited, no one would have computers!
     
  11. djkny macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2003
    #11
    Were the RevA problems on the 20" ironed out in mid-cycle? I have a change to get a great deal on a 20" Rev A iMac (brand new for $1200), but I'm concerned that it'll have those power supply, capacitors melting, overheating logic board issues, etc.

    But for $1200, would you take the risk? I presume these closeouts weren't holdovers from last Sept, but hopefully "fixed" ones from Jan-March.
     
  12. iMAC G5dreamer thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    #12
    thanks for the replies guys, For your knowledge with apple ,do you think an iMac update could take place in the Paris expo,just 5 months after the update of rev A?i think im gonna get the iMAC once a get back from a trip ,but you know just to take into consideration ,your expertise in the apple highly rumored season(the conferences hehe,Paris and SF specially) :p
     
  13. iMAC G5dreamer thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2004
    #13
    Hey guys im in NEW YORK for vacations now(this is sooo coolll), im here getting ready to purchase the iMAc :eek:.For the last time ,do you expect any update in the next to months ,please answer as accurate as possible ,because i really dont want to buy it and have them updated by the end of september.By the way the empire state is AMAZING

    thanks :) :eek:
     
  14. eva01 macrumors 601

    eva01

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2005
    Location:
    Gah! Plymouth
    #14
    HAHAHAH

    Us answer something accurately about Apple releasing a product. Wont happen.

    Just buy it nnow why keep on waiting if you can have it now?
     

Share This Page