Should i get zelda

Discussion in 'Games' started by timmillwood, Dec 5, 2006.

1. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

Apr 7, 2006
    I have never played one of the old zeldas, i HATE all the RPG games like Final Fantasy.

I like Tomb raider, Metal gear solid strategy games. (MGS on PSP what rubbish, i liked the PSX and PS2 ones)

I also like action games

I know there is some strategy and action to Zelda, but i am not sure if there is too much RPG in Zelda.

I would like to get your descriptions of Zelda, rather than reviews.

I dont mind if you need to spoil bits of the story.
  2. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Jan 14, 2006
    New York City
    I would wait, used ones will be pouring in after Christmas so you can pick one up cheaper.

Zelda and FF are in 2 different leagues. I'd say if you like Metal Gear Solid then you'll enjoy Zelda.
  3. afornander macrumors 6502

Apr 5, 2006
    GET ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!! you will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont c how you would ever get it used when its the best game ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) but really, u should get it.
  4. topgun072003 macrumors 6502

Sep 11, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Play it at a friend's house and see if you like it...if you do..then get it
  5. Dagless macrumors Core

Jan 18, 2005
    Fighting to stay in the EU
    Give it a test first.

It's a great series. Possibly the highest rated gaming series there is, but as an individual title I can't rate it yet. Supposed to be very good (according to Metacritic it's the highest rated game so far this gen). Universal gameplay, bit of everything but has a clear and concise goal.
  6. levitynyc macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2006
    I have the game and love it.

I have to point out that the gameplay really hasnt evolved much since Ocarina of Time...still fun though.
  7. Malus macrumors 6502

Jul 19, 2005
    Its not life final fantasy, its not an rpg game, its an adventure game, as in your run around you kill things you solve puzzles and you fight bosses with a sword. Theres no waiting bar like in RPGs its all real time action. Plus you get to ride a horse and slash things while your on it..which is cool too.

Get the game.
  8. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

Jul 10, 2005
    Rocketing through the sky!
    Zelda used to be amazing, but after playing all of them it has lost its magic. Each game feels like the last, to me anyway. Most on here will argue till they are blue in the face otherwise.

However, since you have never played any before, you SHOULD BUY IT! You will love it if you like adventure games. Enjoy :D
  9. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

May 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    I haven't played a Zelda since the original Legend of Zelda for NES. I got Twilight Princess with my Wii and it's SO MUCH FUN!!!!
  10. JackAxe macrumors 68000

Jul 6, 2004
    In a cup of orange juice.

It's easily in my top games list and a keeper. The game is loads of fun and this is coming from someone that had to be forced into playing Zelda in the first place.

FF is a RPG, I thought it was a Barbie fashion show. :p

11. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

Mar 17, 2004
    While there are quests similar to Final Fantasy, combat is entirely action-oriented, not turn based, and you don't have to do any tedious levelling up.

If you like MGS you'll probably like Zelda...give it a shot.