Should I got a 21.5-inch iMac or 27-inch?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by jonapple, Jan 7, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 7, 2013
    Hello,I am a student who are studying foundation in University,and I am gonna to be an software engineer learner 1 years later.
    I have trouble about which iMac should I choice.There are 2 plans,one is 21.5-inch iMac with 3.1GHz Core i7 & 16GB Memory & 1 TBFusion Drive & GT650M.The second is 27-inch high configuration iMac.
    I am not sure what hardware I will need in the future but now sometime I will play game like Counter-Strike:Global Offensive,Dota2,Left 4 Dead,CoD,BattleField 3.
    So can you help me about it?By the way,the normal 27-inch high configuration iMac doesn't have Fusion Drive,what will it affect iMac except loading time?
  2. Moderator

Staff Member

May 3, 2009
    Personally, I think the 27" provides a lot of screen real estate that if you can swing it, then go for it :)
  3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 7, 2013
    So,do you think I will need Core i7 in the future?And the Fusion Drive is important or not?
  4. macrumors 68000

Jan 26, 2008
    I have the 21.5" configuration you mentioned. It works great and handles my games very well.

It really all depends on how much you want to spend. A maxed out 21.5" will set you back about $2000 with the student discount. Not a bad deal for a pretty powerful machine.

Everything!!! Get the Fusion drive on whatever machine you decide to get.