Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ekenny

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2005
New York
I was thinking of getting a mac laptop. I found a G3 500 MHz ibook with 192 MB ram and a 10 GB hard drive in working order for $350. Would you recomend getting that or should I just keep the one I currently have (in my signature)

drison

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2005
Ohio
ekenny said:
I was thinking of getting a mac laptop. I found a G3 500 MHz ibook with 192 MB ram and a 10 GB hard drive in working order for $350. Would you recomend getting that or should I just keep the one I currently have (in my signature)

Why not both? :)

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
sure! why not? i mean it's a good computer that you'll like to use more than that VAIO of yours. You might want to upgrade the ram to 512MB like minimum, if your planning to put OS X Tiger or Panter or even Jaguar your going to need more RAM, if you already have OS X on there, it's going to be slow with out the RAM, OS X loves RAM!!!

OS X is like being in a mud pile with pigs eating up everything you can get...

And Windows XP is like having a cleaning lady dust every 2 seconds!

The MORE RAM you have for OS X the better!!!

DEFINITLEY BUY IT!

why not? $350 is not that much!

OKComputer

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2002
Seattle, WA
You might want to check apples "save" section on the apple store. I think if youre going to drop the cash for a marginally good deal, why not get a great deal on a better machine.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
How can one buy on impulse if they are asking for advice on the purchase?

ekenny

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 28, 2005
New York
rdowns said:
How can one buy on impulse if they are asking for advice on the purchase?

I dunno. But I got it, so if I dont like it I could probably trade it for something else or sell it on ebay for the same if not more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.