Should I include Tiger with my listing?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by crazyfortech, Mar 5, 2006.

1. crazyfortech macrumors member

Hi I'm selling a powermac g4 dual 500mhz, I installed tiger on it, does it mean that I have to sell it with it, or could I sell it outright with it installed on it. Would I get anymore money if I sold it with it?

SORRY IF I PUT IT IN THE WRONG THREAD

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

If you have installed Tiger on a machine, your options when selling it are
    1) Sell the purchaser the original Tiger CD/DVD along with the machine
    or
    2) Remove Tiger and sell the machine with the OS that it shipped with.

Unless the machine shipped with Tiger, leaving Tiger on the drive is as much software piracy as leaving on Photoshop or MS Office without providing the original CDs.

Members under 100 posts are not permitted to post an item in the Marketplace here. Selling threads outside Marketplace are forbidden.

3. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

depends if deem piracy to be evil, if not then sell your PM with tiger installed state that the disks dont come with it and then sell tiger seperatly on ebay, that way you get the most money.

if you think piracy is an issue then either sell them seperatly or keep tiger and wipe the G4.

4. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

If you're selling it on ebay for example, you could sell it with the original OS, and put a note on there that the winner of the bid may choose to purchase Tiger as well for an additional $xx (over the price of the winning bid). That way, they can choose whether they want it or not. If they don't want it, then sell it as a different item. Either way, you get paid for both.

5. ChrisBoven macrumors member

Just sell it with tiger on it. You'll get a little bit more money.