Should I paint this shuffle?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by panoz7, Dec 3, 2005.

1. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

Nov 21, 2005
    Raleigh, NC
    I got my little brother an iPod shuffle for christmas. I wanted it to be charged and preloaded with all his music so he could use it right away. I stole his PSP, grabbed all his MP3's off of it and transferred them onto the shuffle with iTunes. As I was putting it back in the box I came up withe this brilliant idea...

So now I have a wooden replica of a shuffle. Here's what it looks like in the packaging...

My little bro's only 11 years old so I figured he'd probably get a kick out of this and it would be a much more memorable gift. My question of you guys is whether to paint it white or not. I was originally planning on spray painting it white and gray like the real shuffle, but I actually kind of like the wooden look. What do you think? This whole project ended up being a great excuse not to study for finals :)
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    I love the wooden look. I'd leave it and if he wants it white later on, you can always paint it then.

That's really cool. :)
  3. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

May 15, 2005
    NG9, England
    Yeah, leave it woodeen. He'll open it and immediately become both confused and disappointed at the same time, moments before he gets the real deal.

I think it'll be worth it, as he'll (hopefully) quickly realise the joke. Paint it white and he might not realise, rip open the box and then become confused/disappointed. Play with his mind, but not too much.:)