Should I paint this shuffle?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by panoz7, Dec 3, 2005.

1. panoz7 macrumors 6502a

panoz7

I got my little brother an iPod shuffle for christmas. I wanted it to be charged and preloaded with all his music so he could use it right away. I stole his PSP, grabbed all his MP3's off of it and transferred them onto the shuffle with iTunes. As I was putting it back in the box I came up withe this brilliant idea...

[​IMG]

So now I have a wooden replica of a shuffle. Here's what it looks like in the packaging...

[​IMG]

My little bro's only 11 years old so I figured he'd probably get a kick out of this and it would be a much more memorable gift. My question of you guys is whether to paint it white or not. I was originally planning on spray painting it white and gray like the real shuffle, but I actually kind of like the wooden look. What do you think? This whole project ended up being a great excuse not to study for finals :)

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I love the wooden look. I'd leave it and if he wants it white later on, you can always paint it then.

That's really cool. :)

3. steve_hill4 macrumors 68000

steve_hill4

Yeah, leave it woodeen. He'll open it and immediately become both confused and disappointed at the same time, moments before he gets the real deal.

I think it'll be worth it, as he'll (hopefully) quickly realise the joke. Paint it white and he might not realise, rip open the box and then become confused/disappointed. Play with his mind, but not too much.:)