Should I purchase an Aiport Express NOW??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tpmidd, Mar 1, 2005.

1. tpmidd macrumors member

tpmidd

I've been eyeing the Aiport Express for a long while now, essentially since it was released and I'm wondering if now is still the right time to buy it. Have their been any revisions to this product since its release? From what I've read and searched on the forums there doesn't seem to be. Also, has anyone heard any rumors about a possible upgrade to this product in the near future from Apple, or is this going to be a stand alone product that probably won't need updating until the 802.1g standard gets upgraded. Thanks for your help.

-Tim

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

You are correct, there hasn't been any updates since its release. I haven't heard of any upcoming updates. If you need an AirPort Express, if it was me, I would go ahead and purchase.

3. jackieonasses macrumors 6502a

jackieonasses

Yes, for sure buy it now. I know nothing of updates, and even if they were i bet they would be miniscule. Just be happy that you can go anywhere in the house and still have music stream!

kyle