Should I put my real age on Xbox Live?

Discussion in 'Games' started by G5Unit, Jan 29, 2006.

1. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I'm setting it up right now and it asks for my age. I don't really want to put 14 though.

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Are you hiding from someone or something? if not then i see no reason why u shouldnt.

Bless

3. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

I just find it weird that they want all of your address and phone # and age. But now it's to late, I put 26. I thought I was just making precautions.

4. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

'Coz there might be (or might be in the future) some 'parental control' interlocks? 'Coz the machine may transmit registration information back to Microsoft? 'Coz birthdate, name and address may be enough for someone to start identity theft?

I usually put Jan 01 1901 for my birthdate when registering online or anything, unless the field is not mandatory.

5. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

You find it weird that they want your billing information? They also need your age so thaty their content filters/parental controls work correctly, or so they see what age group plays the most and they could gear the service towards that age group.

Precautions from what? What are you trying to hide?

6. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

Well, with this whole Myspace thing going, my parents even went to a school meeting about it. And I don't want to be a foll and stick my info on the net. Anyways, will I lose anything from saying my 26?

7. rendezvouscp macrumors 68000

I don't think you'd lose anything, except your sanity if you were a perfectionist like myself. I think it's silly to change the age though, unless you're trying to get around something. I'm pretty sure Apple asks for similar info for Address Book; I suppose it doesn't really matter to me.
    -Chasen

8. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

I think it'd be alright to put your own age on there. Might be cool for the 23-year-old gamer to check your profile after a good whooping and see he got beat by a minor.:cool: :D

9. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

Far as I remember, you can't sign up if you're a minor, so you have to. When I was signing up, I had to go back and edit my age to 21, and I don't think they've changed this

10. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

yeah, one of my freinds was an xbl moderator, and he was instructed to report people that sound under the age of 16.

has anyone noticed that 360 mics make everyone sound deep, i think it's a delibrate effort so that dogs dont beat down your door when the high pitched screaming of n00bs echo's through your house when you accidently put voice through speakers.

11. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

And would someone explain to me how running around cursing makes you better? ;)

12. yoda13 macrumors 65816

yoda13

that is my one big gripe about online gaming w/ either my PS2 or my xBox 360....all the cursing I have to listen too...I have gotten to the point where I just take the headset off unless it is absolutely necessary...:rolleyes:

13. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

i just ordered a 360 myself, w00t, if people piss you off mute them, after about a months playing you stop hearing it because it tends to be the same people who play at the same time you do.

14. Zeke macrumors 6502

Use Xlink Kai...free. Sorry just thought I'd throw that out there so no more money goes into M$ pocket.