Should I regret?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by cdmc8, Mar 29, 2005.

1. cdmc8 macrumors newbie

I recently ordered a PB 15 1.67GHz....and i recently read the article regarding the release of the new tiger OS on the 15th...and for sure I'll be getting my PB w/ in the week all ready w/o this fantastic new OS. Should i start kicking myself for this? :confused:

2. iGary Guest

iGary

No, you shouldn't regret it, unless 139.00 is a serious heartbreak for you.

You'd probably have to wait a month or more for a machine that comes pre-installed with it.

3. 7on macrumors 601

7on

never regret anything. Sure you won't have the newest OS in a month or two, but that doesn't really matter. You'll be happy with your purchase.

4. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

Are Apple still doing the upgrade your os thing? So when you buy a Mac and a new vesion of macosx appears close to when you bought the Mac - you get a cheap upgrade.

5. iGary Guest

iGary

I think that is usually good for, what, 30 days from release?

6. mac-er macrumors 65816

I think it is only from the date they announce the new version. I didn't think it had a specific "timeframe".

If you buy a Mac anytime after the new version (so it covers refurbished machines), and it doesn't have the new version...you can get the upgrade.

7. auxplage macrumors 6502

Panther is $129, so I was thinking Tiger was going to be the same price. I hope Apple does not raise the price.

8. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

Can anyone confirm that it's 30 days or after the announcement? :confused:

9. Bear macrumors G3

For all the Apple software I can think of (OS X, iLife, Final Cut Express and some others) it has been Apple's policy to offer the Up To Date program from the date of the announcement. I would expect no different with Tiger. If you order before Tiger is announced but the Machine is shipped after the announcement, you should check with Apple as in my opinion that should qualify for the Up To Date program.

10. lasuther macrumors 6502a

Not much you can do now, but I would have waited. In fact, I am waiting to buy the same PowerBook right now unless there is a major revision to the iBook bumping its graphics card. Then I will probably get another iBook.

lasuther