should i restore my macbook right before sending it in?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by SBik2, Jan 3, 2007.

1. SBik2 macrumors 6502a

SBik2

:( now ontop of my screen problems....:mad: i verified my hd and says the volume header needs repair ..:mad: :mad: so should i just do a restore becuase i have an exact clone of my hd on my external hd...:eek: im almost at the point of getting a vaio that is almost identical because of the many many problems this macbook has had. i love this laptop but if im going to have to live with these problems... i dont know what ill do.. and plus its been 4 days and not even my box to send it in has came. ive counted and there is four prblems with this machine.. (not the OS)... i think i should put in a note with the box begging for a replacement if they cant fix my laptop...:( :(

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Boot from your install disc and do the repair...it's simple enough to do. You've got a clone of your HD, so you've got your data in case something goes wrong.

3. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Don't sweat it.

A note won't help you, its likely only to cause irritation to those working on your macine. You could restore/repair (using recovery disc) your HD, but chances are they'll just wipe it anyway. Make sure you have a current backup before you send it in.

Good luck with your service, I had to have repairs and they were handled very well. :D

4. SBik2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

SBik2

thank you both! i did a backup yesterday so its pretty current because i havent downloaded or changed anything but i did bott from my disc and repaired my hd..