Should I return my BT Mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by wako, Aug 4, 2005.

1. wako macrumors 65816

Alright, when I bought my 12'' PowerBook I also bought a BT Mouse and BT Keyboard.

The Keyboard is perfect. Types exactly when I type it, experience no delay or anything.

For the mouse on the other hand, it kind of sucks to say the least. I don't know if its just me or what. Im a PC gamer and I need precision. This thing just seems to stutter. When I move the mouse sometimes, it will suddenly stop and then start moving again. So when Im trying to click a button it takes a bit more effort just to click it because it doesn't seem to catch the slight gentle movements.

I don't know if you guys ever had a dirty mouse before, where it can't catch the gentle touches to it too well, but thats how it is right now. Should I return it? I also obviously opened it. Do they charge a restocking fee for this?

2. tikibangout macrumors regular

tikibangout

I'm not sure about mice, but I know they charge restocking fees if you're returning an opened computer. Call Apple up or email them.

3. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

4. wako thread starter macrumors 65816

I thought that was just for computers...

What if I want to exchange it?

5. tikibangout macrumors regular

tikibangout

If they do charge a restocking fee, then just sell it on eBay or something. Then just buy a new one. A much better approach IMO.

6. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Apple return policy, 10% fee for open box returns. However, a better solution for Bluetooth mice is to rend them, set the pieces aflame, and cast the molten wreckage into a bottomless ravine. It's the only way to be sure.

7. marano macrumors member

marano

I hate my Blue Tooth Mouse, it has connection issues and the thing eats batteries. I will be replacing it with a Mighty Mouse as soon as I can find one.

8. wako thread starter macrumors 65816

that would be like paying the restocking fee considering the money I lose....

Even though they DO eat batteries I don't really care too much. Especially when I have rechargeable batteries :D

9. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

If you are gaming, then you definitely need a corded mouse. BT mice are not good for gaming. I would get the Mighty Mouse. I played with that thing and it was great.