Should I sell my PowerBook?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by monkey86, Sep 1, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502

monkey86

Hey guys and girls,

I have a conundrum - i was given a black macbook (specs in sig) for my upcoming uni course.

Therefore the powerbook that i have is 'slightly' surplus to requirements, i was thinking either sell it for about £270 (already had offers at that price) or use it as a desktop replacement/media center.

Obv if I keep it i will upgrade the ram to 2gb.

What do you guys think?

here's a pic -

[​IMG]

2. thread starter macrumors 6502

monkey86

to make it clear i dont want to sell it on the forums (or i would have used the marketplace) i want to get some opinions on wether its worth keeping it around.

3. macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Anyways, I would keep it if you think you would use it, like a backup laptop or something? They would make a good file server except that it has small capacity and slower hard drives, but the space savings and lower power consumption could be a plus. An old Powermac G4 would serve as a better file server as you can fill it with hard drives. My 12" is still my main machine and does everything I want it to.

4. thread starter macrumors 6502

monkey86

in the end the advert i put up moved it on, im thinking of getting high spec pc components and putting them in a powermac g4 case :)