Should I show this?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Les Kern, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

My daughter had a recital recently. It was mostly 7-15 year olds. Oddly enough, this day saw a new student, an adult, singing a Beatles tune.
    My questions:
    1. Should I have put this online?
    2. How to explain to my daughter that it's OKAY to laugh when it's beyond obvious that this person is going in a bad direction?
    3. Does he have a CLUE how incredibly bad he is, and should his buddy, who's playing the organ, TELL him for god's sake?

http://homepage.mac.com/leskern/iMovieTheater84.html

2. desenso macrumors 6502a

desenso

Putting this online is one thing - teaching your daughter when it's appropriate to laugh at others is quite another. It takes a certain degree of arrogance and / or humility to laugh at others, and these are both qualitites that I doubt your daughter has (or any other child for that matter). Let her discover on her own when it's appropriate to do so.

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Putting it online without the performer's consent would be a not good thing. If you have a model release, then fill your boots.

4. dali macrumors member

I agree with this.

And why putting this online? If you do show it to your daughter you can also do it in another way without exposing this person (without his knowledge) to everybody who wants to see it.

5. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

6. watcher2001 macrumors 6502a

watcher2001

They say the number one fear is public speaking. Even though this guy is obviously not the best singer in the he does at least have the nerve to get up and make a run of it. And he appears to be sober to boot. I have seen much worse from sober people at a karaoke bar.

7. emw macrumors G4

emw

In my opinion, no. Some restraint needs to be shown in these matters. What would you do if he found out you'd posted it?
    So it's okay to laugh at someone if they're unintentionally making a fool of themselves? I hope you don't let your daughter see some of my posts in here...

If he's doing this on purpose to generate a laugh, that's completely different. I think this is unintentional.

8. Les Kern thread starter macrumors 68040

Les Kern

The link will be removed... I feel BAD for this guy.

9. camomac macrumors 6502a

camomac

well i guess you removed it, because i can't see it now...

10. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

That star wars kid video is pretty funny.

When you are under the influence :p