Should I still buy Macromedia Studio MX?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Neuro, Apr 20, 2005.

  1. Neuro macrumors regular

    Neuro

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2003
    Location:
    London
    #1
    I was all set to buy Macromedia Studio MX at work, but not sure now they've been bought by Adobe. The idea of getting a bundle that includes Photoshop and Dreamweaver would be ideal...

    I'm guessing they'll have an upgrade path anyway, even if I do buy now.
     
  2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

    Joined:
    Jul 4, 2004
    #2
    Strong indications are that an MX Studio 2005 version is only 2-4 months away... Adobe have also stated that they'll run the existing products for a while.

    I think there will be an upgrade path so if you need it now, get it now. If you can afford to wait for 10-12 weeks to see how things pan out with the next release, then hold your horses -- pardner! :)
     
  3. nesbitt_a macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Nov 1, 2003
    #3
    Great. I was considering buying Studio MX 2004, but think I'll hang on and get MX 2005. Fingers crossed for better Macintosh performance!
     
  4. Neuro thread starter macrumors regular

    Neuro

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2003
    Location:
    London
    #4
    Ok, thanks. Hmm, I didn't know there was a new version out soon. I really need it now, so I'm going to have to buy, then get an upgrade. Ouch.
     

Share This Page