Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
Another newbie question here. The Apple support site indicates that the latest firmware is 1.2f10 (Dates back to May/06)

I just got a new C2D MBP and it has 1.12f5. I'm confused, should I upgrade or should my MBP have already been upgraded at the factory. :confused:

NextTuesday

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2006
Cork, Ireland
Go to Software Update (Apple > Software Update...) and if "MacBook Pro Firmare Update" (or something similar) is there then yes, you should download it and follow the instructions. If not then your MacBook Pro is up-to date.

Might that update be for the Core Duo models rather than the Core2 Duo?

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
Just edited my MBP firmware info on my op to 1.12f5 (was 1.2f5...my bad)

Just got off the phone with Apple Support and according to them, I have the latest firmware and I do not need to upgrade. Just for the record and for anyone wondering here's the deal:

Latest firmware numbers:
MBP (Core Duo) - 1.2f10 (fix for previous issues)
MBP (Core 2 Duo) - 1.12f5 (very latest...no known updates as of yet)

:)

donster28

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2006
Great White North
Go to Software Update (Apple > Software Update...) and if "MacBook Pro Firmare Update" (or something similar) is there then yes, you should download it and follow the instructions. If not then your MacBook Pro is up-to date.

I noticed at some point that my iMac Core Duo did not inform me of the latest firmware updates (software updates were) so I manually downloaded them. Is there something wrong with what I'm doing?

white-rabbit

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2007
Hi guys,
I just contacted apple support cause I have a problem with my MBP C2D 2.33.

It shuts down by itself if I leave it idle during few minute on battery and screen with minimum light !!!!!!! :confused: :eek:

Nothing was found from the support, I have the latest firmware 1.12f5 for C2D and smc MBP22... same as you.

Question:
could you try if you have the same problem with yours ?
so that maybe apple would recognize it as official default from this machine.

leave it 15-20min (more if you can) idle (shut off every soft) with display light at the minimum (but still on)

Thanks

cardiac dave

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
iToronto
I noticed at some point that my iMac Core Duo did not inform me of the latest firmware updates (software updates were) so I manually downloaded them. Is there something wrong with what I'm doing?

FYI if you're not sure, download the firmware update. If it is required, it will run. If it is not required, it will tell you so and halt the installation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.