Should I use iPhoto?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dogbone, Oct 17, 2006.

1. dogbone macrumors 68020

Sep 16, 2005
    S33.687308617200465 E150.31341791152954
    I've never used it apart from a very brief dabble a few years ago. It annoyed me due to the way it created so many folders of thumbnails and copies.

At the moment I import photos by dragging a folder full of images to my destop then view them in Preview and trash the ones I don't want, rename the folder and put it in my Pictures folder. This works fairly well but it is a bit clunky.

Sometimes I'll open a folder and work on some images and store them in the same folder as psd's. Or I might have some RAW images I will want to keep in them.

Is iPhoto going to be of much use to me using a few psd's and RAW images or should I just wait till I get a more powerful computer and can run aperture.
  2. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Feb 10, 2006
    Western Australia
    good post. I'm in the same boat, only I'm using the latest iPhoto, and havent used older versions before.

I thought that deleting images in iPhoto as I went along got rid of them, no. they stay in the 'originals' folder... hrmmm

I'm also having resizing problems, where iPhoto resizes an image fine, but when viewed afterwards in 'actual size' it's pixelated and crappy. some kind of quality settings problem perhaps, dont know.