Should I wait for a Update in PB?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by KindaSlowJohnny, Jun 17, 2005.

1. KindaSlowJohnny macrumors newbie

Hey all. I in a bit of situation here. I'm very much in the market for a PowerBook 12". I know there's the whole Intel thing but i'm not going to wait that long for a mac. cause i think i'm in love with the PB now.
    However, right now there's the $100 rebate for college student which ends on June 25th.
    My question is this: I could wait until school start in september(even october) to get a new PB, but will there be a revsion from now until then?
    Will the update be worth the wait? (How much of power/feature will be revised?)

Also, do you guys think there'll be a some kind of price drop from now till then? (more than $100?)

So what do you think? Should i got for the main course or wait for the desert?
    Thanks All. :)

2. ak004m macrumors newbie

Sorry I don't have any advice to offer as i'm in a very similar situaton myself, but could you give a link to where that $100 rebate is mentioned? or any information about it on the apple website?

3. Ryan T. macrumors 6502a

Ryan T.

The Powerbooks were updated 6 months ago. I would buy now unless you want to wait for the Intel models to come out.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I would reccomend that you go ahead and purchase now. No reason to miss the extra $100 rebate plus the educational discount. Don't really expect much in the way of a rebate any time soon. The current PowerBook is a great system. Won't not start enjoying your Mac over the summer.

5. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

http://education.apple.com/students/go/save/

here you go