Should I Wait For Macworld 07'?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mr. Glass, Jan 3, 2007.

  1. Mr. Glass macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2007
    #1
    Hello Everyone,

    This is my first post on MacRumors and I just wanted to say that it looks like a really fantastic resource, and I am looking forward to participating here!

    Now all cheeziness aside, here is my question:


    I have been saving up for quite a while now and finally have enough money to get the 15" 2.33GHz MacBook Pro that I've had my eyes on. I am excited, and would like to get it ASAP, but an Apple enthusiast friend of mine recommended that I wait until after Macworld, in case they announce any changes or new MacBook Pro Models.


    So my question is: Do I really need to wait until after Macworld to get a MacBook Pro?


    Any input would be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks alot!

    -Mr. Glass
     
  2. Kodex macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 30, 2003
    #2
    Even if they dont release new models you will get the upgraded software if you wait a week, plus is a week gonna kill you even if there is a remote chance of a new model?
     
  3. Cybix macrumors 6502a

    Cybix

    Joined:
    Feb 10, 2006
    Location:
    Western Australia
    #3
    tough question... I bought a MBP before it was even on the shelf, before I'd even used one or seen one, and I love it! (i switched)

    I would honestly just wait until macworld, just because.

    I'm in the market for a mac mini (for something I'm working on)... and will wait. Same goes for anything really.

    it's less than a week away!! just hold out, a tad longer!
     
  4. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Oct 31, 2006
    #4
    just from the title, my answer is yes. Macworld is less then 6 days away. Be smart, and wait. You don;t know what will be released. 6 more days is not that much longer to wait.
     
  5. ero87 macrumors 65816

    ero87

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2006
    Location:
    New York City
    #5
    absolutely 100% definitely buy it right now, before macworld. Rumor has it that at MacWorld, they're discontinuing every computer model.

    hurry up!
     
  6. phungy macrumors 68020

    phungy

    Joined:
    Dec 5, 2006
    Location:
    FL/NY/TX
    #6
    If you need it now (I did) then buy it now. I couldn't wait after MWSF cause classes would have started and I needed to sign up for classes. Plus I needed time to get use to OSX (I'm loving it!). But if you can hold off then hold off. You may get updates in software like iLife but I wouldn't expect anything big like new MB/MBPs. Maybe MMs with C2D.
     
  7. Bern macrumors 68000

    Bern

    Joined:
    Nov 10, 2004
    Location:
    Australia
    #7
    Well I'm in the market for a MBP, I bought a MB last year because I needed it but really now need the power a MBP offers. I decided to wait until a few months into 2007 because by then I'll be buying latest model with Leopard and iLife 07 already installed rather than buy a new MBP then have to fork out for the updated software. Considering this year will yield a plethora of UB apps such as Adobe and Corel Painter for me the wait is worth it. So perhaps take that on board before making your purchase?
     
  8. Quboid macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2006
    Location:
    everywhere
    #8
    You should wait.
    .......
    .........................

    MWSF is so close man. think about it.

    I would really love it if NOBODY made a "should i wait thread again".

    No offense to the OP. Welcome to MacRumors, you'll love it here!!
     
  9. solvs macrumors 603

    solvs

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2002
    Location:
    LaLaLand, CA
    #9
    There won't be a new MacBook (well, maybe a MacBook mini) but it's only a week away. You can wait. After that, you are looking at Spring, March-April, for Santa Rosa. For future reference, search is your friend.

    Sorry, but this is like the 12th thread on this I've read today.
     
  10. siurpeeman macrumors 603

    siurpeeman

    Joined:
    Dec 2, 2006
    Location:
    the OC
    #10
    i don't see why anyone couldn't wait a week to purchase. it really couldn't hurt, could it?
     
  11. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

    DarkNetworks

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2005
    #11
    Agreed!
     
  12. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

    Maxiseller

    Joined:
    Jan 11, 2005
    Location:
    Little grey, chilly island.
    #12
    Do you not want iLife 07?

    Plus, the odd chance OS.5 will be released?

    Plus, upgraded models - remember the core duo goes up to 1.93 I believe now... (I'm not sure about portable though)

    It's only 5 days away!

    I say wait!
     
  13. emptyCup macrumors 65816

    emptyCup

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2005
    #13
    Phungy gave us a reason why he couldn't wait, but for everyone else: wait
     
  14. Tarkovsky macrumors 6502

    Tarkovsky

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2007
    Location:
    London/Norwich
    #14
    I didn't wait to purchase my Imac 24. Won't the new version of iLife come edit: leaopard anyway? If they make a huge change, I'll just send it back.
     
  15. ero87 macrumors 65816

    ero87

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2006
    Location:
    New York City
    #15
    ilife '07 is not bundled with Leopard.
     
  16. Tarkovsky macrumors 6502

    Tarkovsky

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2007
    Location:
    London/Norwich
  17. solvs macrumors 603

    solvs

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2002
    Location:
    LaLaLand, CA
    #18
    This should be the official response to all of these threads.
     
  18. shecky Guest

    shecky

    Joined:
    May 24, 2003
    Location:
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    #19
    and pay a restocking fee that you will not be able to get out of.
     
  19. fba199 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2006
    #20
    I say to wait a little longer for Leopard to come out... *Hoping for it to come out during MacWorld*

    Anyways, you should wait till Leopard because and you can save yourself some money. Also, who knows by then they might have an upgrade to the MBP.
     
  20. Tarkovsky macrumors 6502

    Tarkovsky

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2007
    Location:
    London/Norwich
    #21
    I doubt they would charge that, as I would send it back before it had arrived.
     
  21. shecky Guest

    shecky

    Joined:
    May 24, 2003
    Location:
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    #22
    true. so long as it is unopened you are OK.
     

Share This Page