Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Barcafan89

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2015
England
Will we see any updates ? I know we are gonna like see some upgrades to the mac book line up but i want a desktop the one thing I would like would be the ability to have a rose gold I mac lol thoughts ???

TrenttonY

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Same. I want an iMac redesign, make the bezels have the same ratio as the new MacBooks, with the new color options. I'm expecting new iMacs to be updated in the September-October-November time frame. I would wait if I were you. ;)

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
If you can wait, wait, but if you need it now then buy now. iMac may not be updated at the same time as MBPs, though, so you may have to wait longer.

Barcafan89

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 23, 2015
England
If you can wait, wait, but if you need it now then buy now. iMac may not be updated at the same time as MBPs, though, so you may have to wait longer.

I'm waiting for the iPhone 7 I want to buy a new I mac and I'm really inpatient do you think we will see any upgrade to the imac line up? Cause I thought It was only the mac books an apple watch and the iPhone which was getting updated because I want to buy an ipad as well But I don't know when to splash the cash and have my massive tech upgrade lol

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I can wait ages I'm just inpatient

In that case, I'd suggest just waiting. I'm ready to upgrade myself and I believe the new iMac is only a mere three months away.

New color options and thinner bezels would be wonderful to see.

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
Honestly, if you can wait, wait. There are a couple technologies around the corner that could very well be integrated into the iMac if you care about these sorts of things:

- New GPUs based on Polaris or Pascal should be around the corner. Both AMD and nVidia are aiming at Back to School season for their mobile parts which the iMac also uses. Either of these should be a pretty sizable upgrade to the current crop of GPUs in the iMac now.
- Thunderbolt 3 laptops started shipping at the end of 2015, not long after the last iMac refresh. I would expect Apple to be looking at Thunderbolt 3 for the 2016 MBP and iMac models. iMac could potentially benefit from dual-use ports (Thunderbolt + USB-C) making it more flexible to users. I only use one of my Thunderbolt ports, so I wouldn't mind using the other for another USB device.

Beyond that, I wouldn't personally expect anything too groundbreaking. Some folks are calling for a redesign or design refresh, but who knows when that will land. Maybe now, maybe half a decade from now. Who knows. They could spruce up the included HDD/SSD options as well as the cost of the 4K/5K displays come down, but again, betting on that isn't anything I'd actually do. Fortune cookies are about as accurate as any predictions on these two areas.

Honestly, so long as the GPU part is true, I'm planning on upgrading to a 5K later this year myself.

Cancelled
Nov 9, 2012
Beyond that, I wouldn't personally expect anything too groundbreaking.
Honestly, so long as the GPU part is true, I'm planning on upgrading to a 5K later this year myself.

I think they may release touchID capability to MBP and desktops (via new keyboard/trackpad)

Krevnik

macrumors 601
Sep 8, 2003
I think they may release touchID capability to MBP and desktops (via new keyboard/trackpad)

Eh... They may, but again I put this in the category of things we know Apple could do, but may or may not show up in any given refresh. I don't bet or wait on it. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.