Should I wait to get a 6G?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Viking Quest, Jun 28, 2006.

1. macrumors member

So I'm thinking about buying a 5G ipod within the next week or so... Good idea? Bad Idea?

By 3G battery only lasts about an hour right now. So I do need a new one soon. Should I wait?

2. Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

If you don't need something now it never usually hurts to wait.

3. macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

Rumor has it new iPods aren't far away, but today Apple's stock dropped 2.5% when an analyst said that he thought new iPods could be delayed until the first half of 2007. If you are willing to wait, it won't hurt, but you may want to buy now.

4. macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

If you really want to wait for the next big upgrade for iPods, then I would suggest investing in a new battery for your 3G.

5. macrumors 68030

Piarco

According to "analysts" if may be December until the new iPods arrive. Like Tanglewood says, get a new battery and stick it out. You're also increasing your 3G's resale-ability!

6. thread starter macrumors member

January? That would be horrible to wait that long

7. macrumors 6502a

Good point. You can get replacement batteries at CompUSA for not too expensive.

8. macrumors 68000

billchase2

i'm waiting... figured i might as well.

9. macrumors P6

~Shard~

The iPod is long overdue for an update. Even if it's just a minor update (price drop and/or capacity increase) to tide us over until a major update in the fall (full screen video iPod) I think it would be worth waiting for. Depends on your urgency though.

10. macrumors 6502a

Just buy. You can't wait forever. And if the 6G comes out soon, your 5G won't be any worse or anything like that. You'll love it. I love mine. :D

11. macrumors 6502

If you have a working iPod, I'd personally wait then. As others suggested you could just get a new battery for your 3G and then wait it out and see what you think of the 6G when it comes out.

12. thread starter macrumors member

Id definitely like to see a Price Drop and Battery Update sometime soon. Apple usually never makes us wait this long. Something must have gone awry in the development stages.

13. macrumors 6502

thechris69

haha...:confused:
    is the 6g the one rumored to have touch screen?

14. macrumors member

who do you trust more the analyst or the guy who makes the apple ipods? The guy who makes them also could be lying just to keep peoples interest in ipods.

15. macrumors newbie

batt

Get a new battery. Now. you'll thank me.

get the largest capacity you can find. I forget the specs of the one I found, but I searched extra long and found the highest capacity I could. I ordered it from the netherlands.

my orig battery for my 3G 40gig pod lasted 3 hours.

New battery lasts 14 hours. I have a brand new ipod, at least it feels that way. all of this for only $40.

16. thread starter macrumors member

Well I have a 40 Gig, and I have like 41 Gigs of music. Once my collection gets bigger I will need a bigger iPod. I need an 80 gig to come out.