Should I wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by oumdaddy, Jun 4, 2005.

  1. oumdaddy macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 4, 2005
    #1
    I really want a new 17inch PB, but I keep hearing stuff about a new speedbump or system overhaul. Is there any truth to these rumors? I really need to know because I would like to buy one rather soon for school.
     
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

    Duff-Man

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2002
    Location:
    Albuquerque, NM
    #2
    Duff-Man says....please....please....look at some of the countless threads that already exist before starting yet another redundant one. None of the rumours will be confirmed as truth until at least Monday's Steve keynote at WWDC...until then nobody really knows for sure.....oh yeah!
     
  3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 13, 2004
    Location:
    New York
    #3
    Just wait till monday. Then buy once you know for sure if there are upgrades or not.
     
  4. wdlove macrumors P6

    wdlove

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2002
    #4
    WWDC is on Monday so if something is going to be update, it could this week. They were updated in January, so a June, or July is possible. If you are a student look though you could receive an additional $100 off if you get your Mac by June 25th. The update is only expected to be a speed bump. If a surprise were to occur and it's a new processor, then the adage applies, that it's better to wait for Rev. B.

    If you really need PowerBook soon, why not go ahead and enjoy.
     

Share This Page